Forums Latest Members

This is cool: 1950 - 1953 Financials for Gruen Watch Co.

1. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Apr 11, 2014

"Mikethewatchguy" from Vintage Watch Forms was kind enough to organize (4) years annual reports in .pdf format for easy perusal.

As a former finance guy and a current amateur watch enthusiast, I find this sort of stuff deliciously interesting.

Once again, thank you to Mr. Mike B. from
    http://vintagewatchforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4299

woodwkr2 likes this.
  2. woodwkr2 Apr 12, 2014

This is awesome!

Boy, they don't write annual reports like they used to. Now you have to get through 4-40 pages of boilerplate about forward looking statements and risks, and even when you do, half the time management would rather focus on hedging their future prospects rather than giving an honest appraisal of the business.

3. woodwkr2 Apr 12, 2014

This reminded me that Columbia's business school has one of the largest collections of corporate filings--some for private companies, even. So if there's a company that you'd love to dig this stuff up on, you can probably get it through an interlibrary loan or by paying the librarian just the tiniest bit of attention after they've been ignored all week.

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 12, 2014

Aside from the financials (which completely baffle me) I find these to be a fascinating glimpse into the past of the American watch business.

Thanks for sharing Rich.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 12, 2014