Forums Latest Members
  1. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Feb 25, 2016

Hi,

as I wrote earlier, my week end was quite interesting collecting Wise. After the T17 CK730 and the 23.4SC 2120 I posted earlier, now let's show the last one I traded from a friend on Saturday :
    [​IMG]
    Ouch, unknown brand, a lot of cracks on the dial, one lug is broken... doesn't look so attarctive.

Well in fact, at least for me, this is far more desirable than the two first ones. It is one of the very first wristwatch models produced by Omega ref 544-15. The serial dates it from around 1908 and it has the 15 lines Lepine caliber inside, much less frequent than the 12 or 13 lines. To accomodate a larger caliber, the case is very large for the period standards with its 41.5mm diameter. It is also much thicker. The crown at 9 is typical from this period when it could be either at 3 or 9.
    Here is a picture of the 15 lines caliber (no apparent serial, they were engraved on the other side, under the dial.) :
    [​IMG]

I had it with a protection grid, not sure if it was original or a later addition, however it fits well the case and looks nice :
    [​IMG]

Here is the same watch in AJTT :
    [​IMG]

And, to compare size, here is a picture together with a more standard 13 lines trench watch (later one, dating from around 1916 :
    [​IMG]

The 15 lines was still in the catalog 9 years later in 1917, but with a savonette crown at 3 and small second at 6 (and a new reference Cl1383):
    [​IMG]

Although not in an outstanding condition, it is, in my opinion, a major addition to my collection.

dancazacu, Skrotis, OMTOM and 8 others like this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 25, 2016

What a coincidence, at about the same time I purchased something similar ;).

Not Ω, but significant for an Aussie in Melbourne.

Tire-comedon likes this.
  3. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Feb 25, 2016

Any picture?

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 25, 2016

Of course!