Forums Latest Members
  1. justbrian55 Feb 9, 2016

Whelp, not great photos but they speak somewhat. I like 100 iso and no flash is part of the problem. 1/8 sec exposure it tough to hold still ~
    According to the chart found here at OF, the case and movement are 1923 and 1925 esque.
    Dial has a crack going up through the 3, coupla dents and one of two on the side is a bit bad and wondering if that's when the dial cracked. Depressing as it's a ninety something year old and looks quite nice otherwise...one long-ish V scratch in the crystal that's not really disruptive looking. (What the heck is that? Who feeds pigeons in the park checking the time at once?) :) ~ Oh, the hinge spring needs replacement or some lube. More likely replacement so they can clean up the nooks 'n crannies there.

I didn't re-try photographing the inside, nor of the movement because..well, it's snowing outside where betta lighting could be had. Funny how shiny objects are hard to photograph when clear numbers are wanted. (I need practice, yeah)
    The coat of arms looking stamp says Omega fabrication, Sussie stuffs, lower one says 56 next line 14k next line 0585...whatever 0585 and 56 means I've no clue.
    Again another Omega I could not match to another online. lol, it's a Bald Back and Front this time. I've only seen a gold plain case from a different maker, none from Omega.
    ~~It runs, but I sort of worry doing so because of what one said to "have it lubed and checked before you ruin it".
    ~ The lady on the phone today I called trying to get service history on my Seamaster (to no avail) said an Omega/watch will tell you when it needs service. If it runs it's ok, if it stops it needs service.
    ~~ I have brought it along on a night out a few times. Maybe a leather type chain jobbie would make it more practical for use pulling from my pocket and not scratch it more.

Excuse my kinda poor photos ~ I shot from the hip and ran with it a bit excited to share with y'all.

CIMG0934.JPG CIMG0935.JPG CIMG0937.JPG CIMG0938.JPG CIMG0941.JPG CIMG0943.JPG CIMG0944.JPG
  2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Feb 9, 2016

Here is a picture of Kate Middleton naked

Get my point?
    We can't se much, looks like it may be a beauty but we need better pictures with clarity to really tell.

justbrian55, chronos and STANDY like this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 9, 2016

Why Kate @UncleBuck hmmmm :whistling: ( interesting glimpse into your mind)

4. justbrian55 Feb 9, 2016

Ho hum, guess I wrote too much along side.
    I'll delete this tomorrow so as not waste space.
    ~ I would have had it professionally done, but it didn't come with a free comb.

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 9, 2016

No need to delete anything, just try to take better photos with some natural light.

justbrian55 likes this.
  6. Canuck Feb 9, 2016

Can't read the stampings in the cases because of the really bad pictures. But if you are seeing .585, that usually indicates a solid 14-karat gold alloy case. We might be able to confirm this with better pictures. The inner cover (the cuvette) is stamped METAL. That means the inner cover is not solid 14-karat alloy, but gold plated base metal. When the cuvette on a watch is marked METAL that is a clue to the rest of the case possibly being solid gold alloy. Usually! Better pictures please. Better lit, better focus, markings inside the case clearly evident.

7. justbrian55 Feb 10, 2016

Thank you Canuck ~ my li'l camera altho older (7.2 megapixel era), I like it allot. It's/I'm having trouble shooting macro at the focal length I want even though perfect condition. My Nikon D200 wasn't any better/18-200mm lens.
    lol, btw it's a Casio EX-Z750 ...yeah that's what I thought when I saw it.."I thought Casio made watches?".

Sorry all for the crap photos. I'll give 'er another whirl when the temps outside rebound a bit.
    Vintage watches are as a little slice of history we all seem to like...lol, to actually SEE. :confused:

8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 11, 2016

He said Kate Middleton but he was thinking Mrs. Hogarth.
    [​IMG]

9. justbrian55 Feb 14, 2016

~~What? ya don't like 1950's vintage canvas? :)