Forums Latest Members

Thinking about thinning out the herd

1. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ May 25, 2019

Some of the watches I have collected do not get worn enough to justify keeping them. This zodiac will be the first I am going to part with. I’m unsure if I want to post some watches on the forum or just go straight to eb@y
    Any thoughts??

20180320_235112 (3).jpg
    superfly likes this.
  2. Noles_88 Dog costume designer extraordinaire! May 25, 2019

Depends if it is hard to put a price on. Example as a 76 full set speedy. Kind of hard to know price. So best to let market dictate. But if it’s watches that have a set price. Let a forum member get it at a discounted price so no one has to pay the extra ten percent everyone is happy.

superfly likes this.
  3. Dan S May 25, 2019

If they are nice honest pieces, there's no harm in listing them here. You can save eBay fees and hopefully have a smoother transaction. However, it's a smaller community than eBay, so if you don't get much interest, you can move it to eBay after a few weeks.

superfly and Darlinboy like this.
  4. gpssti4 May 25, 2019

I think that you’ll get nearly as much interest and potentially a smoother/cheaper transaction here as opposed to eBay where there were many time wasters (and the fees).

superfly, dougiedude and voere like this.
  5. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ May 25, 2019

The Zodiac I posted is a honest watch in need of a good service. I wore the watch a few times then put it back into the watch box. I would try to price the watch to cover the cost of a good service. I’ve seen these watches sell at the higher end of four thousand. I’m thinking one such as this one I would price it at $3400.00 US Maybe I’m way off base on the price. It’s not a show piece but a nice honest dive watch.

superfly likes this.
  6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 25, 2019

@voere

I’ve been selling here, and a couple of other forums, for the past few weeks after posting my intention to do so. Have sold a several with listings, but quite a few more through private placements from previous “dibs” or interest.

The ones that don’t sell, other channels, depending on the value and segment.

What else you have got coming on the block? ::popcorn::

superfly likes this.
  7. Walrus May 25, 2019

Shoot run it here for a while if you aren’t in a rush. If it doesn’t pan out try a different route. It’s a very nice looking watch. I can’t comment on the value. I try to limit my purchases to 2,000 but but this month I did pretty good spending about 1,000 on a 60’s constellation and a 70’s dynamic. Just found a good source. Anyway that’s cool watch you have I’m sure you will find plenty of interest. By the way I’m kind of knew here and I see people selling somethings I need but I guess I don’t have “privileges” to buy or purchase yet, anyone know how long it takes.

8. Walrus May 25, 2019

9. Dan S May 25, 2019

You don't need any special privileges to buy, only to sell.

10. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 25, 2019

@Walrus ... read the stickies.....

11. dougiedude Carpe horologium! May 28, 2019

I do recall you have some real beauties in your collection :)

I have more than a handful of watches I want to sell also, and if I was in a hurry to move them and didn’t care who ended up with them, I would just put them on eBay.

But between the large chunk of the sales profit that you have to give away and the greater risk of a difficult buyer on eBay means that the Ω-Forum is certainly my preferred sales venue.

Best of luck with your sales :thumbsup:!