Forums Latest Members

Think I made a mistake today

1. Halldawg Nov 20, 2016

Went in to the boutique in Atlanta today going through town. Tried on the GSOTM. Going to have to have that at some point. Is that too ambitious for my first speedy? Really wanted to see the meteorite version, but they did not have one. Oh well.

2. Canuck Nov 20, 2016

Was the mistake in deciding to buy it sometime, or in not buying it then? Or did you hold off buying until the meteorite is available?

Halldawg likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Nov 20, 2016

Maybe the mistake was not bringing the wallet to pay right then.

Halldawg likes this.
  4. Bushido Nov 20, 2016

The Pitch Black was my very first Speedmaster iteration. Since that time, I've picked up an LE and am gunning for two more variations before the year is out. The xSOTM is certainly not "too ambitious." It's a gateway to a very slippery slope of wrist bliss and you should consider yourself warned!

Halldawg likes this.
  5. Badwolf Nov 21, 2016

There is no form of training speedy, best to go for the one you like best (funds permitting). I started collecting watches a long time ago, there are definitely some in my collection I bought because I quite liked them, this is not a good idea ::facepalm1::

Halldawg likes this.
  6. repoman Nov 21, 2016

I fell in love with the GSoTM immediately, bought the first one that came in, and feel exactly the same now, its one of my absolute favorites. Its a fantastic first Speedmaster. I think its worth mentioning that you should check aftermarket prices on the ceramic Speedy's, they drop quite a bit in the aftermarket. I bought mine from the boutique and have no regrets at all, but you can get a like new one for around $7500 so its worth considering. Good luck.

Halldawg likes this.
  7. JohnSteed Nov 21, 2016

Form experience...mistake was walking out WITHOUT it on your wrist and the gift bag in your hand.... :D

ahartfie, Halldawg and Tritium like this.
  8. meganfox17 Nov 21, 2016

It was never your mistake Sir [emoji68] It was the fault of the sales assistant who had poor PR skills
    ● She should have been properly dress for the occasion[​IMG]
    ● She should have said " That's a Lunar Dust Dial, my favourite colour & then grab your arm [emoji14] "
    ● She should have asked permission then quickly strap the watch onto your wrist before you could protest

I'm a little biased towards the Lunar Dust dial. Maybe my impression on the Meteorite dial would change if the colour of the date matches the red font of the Speedmaster [emoji136]

kkt and Halldawg like this.
  9. JohnSteed Nov 21, 2016

Hahahaha. We never give credit to sales assistants for what we .... purchase or walk away from, whether they deserve it or not :cool:

kkt, Halldawg and meganfox17 like this.
  10. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Nov 21, 2016

My first speedy was the Speediorite and my second was the CK2998. They're the only ones I have. You gotta do what you gotta do.

11. RegF Nov 21, 2016

Its good to have ambitions!

Gives you a goal!

I don't have a problem with you not getting it from the Omega boutique though.

They charge like wounded bulls in my experience.

Halldawg likes this.
  12. Halldawg Nov 21, 2016

This is the mistake I think I made. Starting down that slope by just trying it on. Did not buy it, yet. Can't afford he divorce right now.

Bushido likes this.
  13. Halldawg Nov 21, 2016

The GSOTM will come home with me at some point. I have not been on here long, but have learned that AD will probably be the way I go. As for the Speedieorite, we will see. ;)

14. SeanO Nov 21, 2016

I recommend spending some time looking at GO rather than a speedy.

You did the right thing walking out.

Archer and ulackfocus like this.
  15. ulackfocus Nov 21, 2016

You forgot:

● She should have eaten a cheeseburger once in a while.

Well, if aliens ever try to harvest humans, she's in no danger of getting eaten so I guess there's that benefit to being skeletal-skinny.

kkt, Halldawg and meganfox17 like this.