Things you learn never to do in life…

Do they expect people to book another appointment to ask about something else? Seems inefficient (for both of us) to book an appointment for each thing I might want to talk to my practitioners about...

I’m sure you can figure out from my example that it’s quite a different scenario when a patient presents two problems from the outset, and then that allows the practitioner to triage the complaints, and budget the time during the session, vs. bringing it up as an afterthought, when the complaint cannot or might not have adequate time to be addressed.

Like 2
Never say “See if you can find my assets” in an angry voice to an IRS agent. Sage first day advice from the professor who taught my tax class in law school.

Like 10
I’m sure you can figure out from my example that it’s quite a different scenario when a patient presents two problems from the outset, and then that allows the practitioner to triage the complaints, and budget the time during the session, vs. bringing it up as an afterthought, when the complaint cannot or might not have adequate time to be addressed.

Okay, so the complaint is really insufficient warning that there is more than one thing to talk about. I guess I can’t speak to the culture there, but usually it’s the practitioner will ask if there’s anything else when I’ve been to a doctor or other person, which is pretty often unfortunately.

Like 2
Okay, so the complaint is really insufficient warning that there is more than one thing to talk about. I guess I can’t speak to the culture there, but usually it’s the practitioner will ask if there’s anything else when I’ve been to a doctor or other person, which is pretty often unfortunately.
I have instructed my son not to offer any of his on line research and resulting theories to his doctor.

Like 4
Never say “See if you can find my assets” in an angry voice to an IRS agent. Sage first day advice from the professor who taught my tax class in law school.
B716058A-3FE5-4DD8-BA77-FE4034FF4B90.gif

Like 5

Years ago, it was customary doctor lingo to say upon intake, “What brings you here?” This stopped when people kept responding, “the bus…”

Like 4
When I worked in retail in college, it was standard greeting to say to a customer “hi, how are you today?”. I would recite that greeting without giving it a thought until one customer asked “ do you really care”. I looked at him and said “no, not really”. He smiled and kept browsing.
I have never asked a stranger since how they are unless I am actually interested or concerned.

Like 10
Plus I have all these other watches.

Yes, but us watch collectors are rational - we MUST wear the one being serviced! As in right now!!! :mad:

Like 5
Yes, but us watch collectors are rational - we MUST wear the one being serviced! As in right now!!! :mad:
^^^this

I feign being rational. When I get weird is when the watch I’ve just waited for needs to revisit the spa. Usually it’s an elderly complicated UG. Temperamental beasts.

Like 1
I feign being rational. When I get weird is when the watch I’ve just waited for needs to revisit the spa. Usually it’s an elderly complicated UG. Temperamental beasts.
I love the “you want the good news or bad news first” from my guy..usually zodiac related. It usually means a months long treasure hunt for a part the size of a grain or rice.

Like 5
I hand it over, take the slip and forget about it until they call me.

I'm fine with this as long as they don't expect me come a runnin' when they call.

I hand it over, take the slip and forget about it until they call me.

Currently waiting for my watchmaker just to let me know it's OK to bring in my watch to be serviced. When he I spoke to him a few weeks ago he was in the middle of a move and said he'd contact me when he was ready. I feel like the kid in the back seat of the car asking "Are we there yet?"

Like 5
Currently waiting for my watchmaker just to let me know it's OK to bring in my watch to be serviced. When he I spoke to him a few weeks ago he was in the middle of a move and said he'd contact me when he was ready. I feel like the kid in the back seat of the car asking "Are we there yet?"
F77935B8-168B-4708-B0BD-6BD6DC4DBE83.gif

Like 2
It took me a long time to learn this but stop being depressed about the past, you can’t change it. Start becoming depressed about the future, you can’t change that either.

Like 9
Weeks. I’ve had only one that was in for 8 months. Polerouter needed parts. My guys found em.

Similarly for me, normally I either get them back in the same week ( even the same day) or the next week. Except for one he had for about 8 or 9 months, he couldn't get the parts either new or second hand and he was forced to make them!!! Multiple injury patient, balance wheel, staff, set levers and several other nasty complaints but by the time he finished my original model Smith's Deluxe was running well with in COSC standards.
I NEVER ask how long it will take, I have to much respect for his dedication and skill and just count my self lucky to have found such a master watchmaker.

Like 1
Years ago, it was customary doctor lingo to say upon intake, “What brings you here?” This stopped when people kept responding, “the bus…”

Like 4
I have instructed my son not to offer any of his on line research and resulting theories to his doctor.

Non sequitur, but good advice.

My aunt ran a golden retriever rescue for many years. People would bring their dog to give away and start telling their sob story, sharing stories and tales of loving the dog and their hardships. The entire time she was standing there, all she was thinking was “yeah, yeah- just give me the damn dog”.

Like 3
Minutes ticking away at leisure are not the same as minutes ticking away towards a deadline.

If there's no deadline, the minutes are basically infinite....

Like 2