Forums Latest Members

They say "buy the seller" but surely this is the exception?

1. Engee Mar 8, 2020

3 feedbacks in the last 12 months, 2 negative:

Never received seller asked 4 more money then what I won and paid SCAMMER avoid
    and
    ITEM NOT RECEIVED, SELLER HAS NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT THOUGH LISTING STATES SO.

and the positive was:

Thank You for purchase an eBay listing HTML template - ZTproject

Everyone deserves another chance.

jb ebay.jpg
  2. Dan S Mar 8, 2020

eBay has good buyer protections, so if you pay via PayPal, you will probably be able to force a refund. But why bother, it's obviously a scam.

3. Engee Mar 8, 2020

I'm not sure that you'd be protected with this guy - according to one of the feedbacks he doesn't have a paypal account! his score is 33.3% positive feedback and he's currently on -1!

4. Edwinowl Mar 9, 2020

There's an old saying if something looks too good to be true then it probably is.. Just sayin

5. OMEGuy Mar 9, 2020

I don't think the main problem on ebay is that there are scammers around, because they are easy to spot most of the time. So you for yourself can decide if you want to buy from them.

I believe the main problem is ebay's modern Global Shipping Program, that prevents you from buying from highly acknowledged and reputable sellers, though they themselves would sell to you and they don't even know what's wrong.

So maybe "buy the selling platform" or "seller needs buyer" might be appropriate here as well.

6. OMEGuy Mar 9, 2020

Who doesn't want to be his one and only payment processor?

7. OMEGuy Mar 9, 2020

They are always afraid of losing money, unless it is your money.

kkt likes this.
  8. OMEGuy Mar 9, 2020

Well, they now offer their GSP, so there'll be no more global business in the future... ;)

9. ExpiredWatchdog Mar 9, 2020

Uhhaa... because they own them? Mebbe.

I see the tense is actually "owned". Since it was spun off, it wouldn't surprise me that they still have a huge interest in PayPal. At a minimum, their system is already integrated with PayPal and doing so with normal banks would cost.