Forums Latest Members

The Watch You Bought That Proved to Yourself that You’re Addicted

1. Marsimaxam Aug 20, 2020

Hi, I’m a watch addict and have been one for years just couldn’t admit it to myself, family and friends. Looking back, there were tons of clues, but I couldn’t and wouldn’t accept the hard truth until I bought the Breitling Montbrillant Olympus ref A19350.
    Let’s review the hard cold facts:
    1. I never owned a Breitling, always thought the dials were too busy. Maybe, that’s why I need one, because I don’t have one.
    2. While reading Watch Time magazine I see a Breitling ad with John Travolta. If it’s good enough for Travolta, it’s definitely good enough for me.
    3. I begin the search on watch forum marketplaces and find the model for sale in South Africa. Damn, it’s almost 70 percent off retail and it’s only 3 years old, practically new, sure looks new, it’s new, and my birthday is just a couple of months away, it would be a nice gift, my wife could give it to me as a present... how thoughtful.
    SEVENTY PERCENT OFF RETAIL and all the boxes and papers.

4. I buy the watch as is...

The rest of the story:
    The watch is authentic and physically in excellent shape, but it runs ridiculously slow, and there is no pusher instrument to change date, day, month and moonphase. Off to eBay and buy a Breitling pusher ( see photo ). 7B3E91A2-D6E4-4A24-AB34-B78459F097DC.jpeg Of course, when I try to adjust the date, day, month, and moonphase, nothing works. Take the watch to AD for repair, maybe, I can get a break as it is only 3 years old. Repair cost 900, discounted from 1350.
    After two months, I get the watch back working as it should.
    Moral of the Story
    What in god’s name was I thinking?
    It’s been eight years, and I’ve only bought one watch... I think I have it under control. But, I do need another Speedy.
    18C0CB6D-E56C-4DEA-8245-A33B95926CE1.jpeg

Duracuir1 likes this.