Forums Latest Members

the two seiko 2011 Ananta Brightz 130th Anniversary I bought some months ago

1. georgeszaslavsky Feb 6, 2021

Good Morning

Some months ago, I bought two identical watches which very very rare very limited editions, both are Seiko Ananta Brightz 130th Anniversary Editions with the cal 8r39a from 2011

1st one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2nd one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And on the wrist

[​IMG]

This Seiko is not something you see every day, the rose gold bezel and rose gold chrono pushers, the urushi dial plus the black ion plating give it a touch of an absolute luxury chronograph. The accuracy on it was outstanding from 0 to +1 per sec day and tested during a month it is a great time keeper. It has also a quick set date but you need to turn the crown counterclockwise in order to adjust it. The 8r39 is an evolution of the 8r28 which is column wheel chrono movement with a vertical clutch and three hammers, it is easily rivals with the Rolex 4130 and the Zenith El Primero.

Definitely a collectible item by now and an absolute must have for those who want something different, the Ananta Brightz 130th Anniversary is a very rare watch and perhaps one of the best modern Seiko chronographs ever built.

Have a nice day

Best regards and stay safe

Georges

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 6, 2021

You know Seiko has just as many misses as home runs. The number of times they have taken a watch style I do not like and hit a grand slam though is surprisingly high. Not a DLC or bi color fan... but man that’s one sexy watch.