Forums Latest Members
  1. aesguerra Apr 28, 2015

After much debate, I have elected to pull the trigger on getting my first Omega Speedmaster, and my sights have settled on Ref 3366.51.00, the Apollo 15 35th Anniversary Moonwatch.

[​IMG]

It’s a little ironic that I chose this particular watch. I’m a pretty conservative guy who’s never worn any hint of gold other than white. Additionally, I’m a US Navy vet, so it’s strange that I would choose a watch that honors an all USAF crew (haha). But the more I looked at this watch, the more it sang to me. Before long, it eclipsed all other Speedy Moons for the following reasons:

The use of gold was an interesting twist. It isn’t like a 1969 Apollo XI issue which is all 18k YELLOW gold, which is so flashy that I’d feel like “Joey’s Bracelet Buddy" (big Friends fan here Lol). Instead, the 18k Rose is a darker shade that leans towards the restrained, Against the all black dial, it contrasts as beautifully the shadows of craters against the bright surface of the moon. One last thing the gold has going for it - Apollo remains the golden era of space exploration, so the use of some gold on this particular Omega seems pretty appropriate.

Apollo 15 fell on the year of my birth (closer to my birthday than Apollo 14), so there’s something to be said about that mission striking a chord in my heart.

At 1,971 pieces made, it’s one of the smaller limited edition Moonwatches released that my budget didn’t outright laugh me right out the notion of acquiring.

Needless to say, I’m going to be on pins and needles for the next couple of days. Until it arrives…:)

Edited Apr 28, 2015
    PatrickJ, Alex_TA, Varasc and 6 others like this.
  2. wsfarrell Apr 28, 2015

That's a beauty.

3. aesguerra Apr 28, 2015

Thanks!

4. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 28, 2015

The Apollo 15 looks great on the wrist - Nice addition!

[​IMG]

5. aesguerra Apr 28, 2015

Awww.... now I'm REALLY waiting with eagerness!!! Haha. Thanks for share DLT222. :cool:

Got mine from here on the boards from Roach7. Ah I can see him right now... walking into a FedEx office... :D

DLT222 likes this.
  6. Papa Legba Apr 28, 2015

she's a looker... a good buy for sure! congrats