Forums Latest Members

The Time 4A Pint Podcast #9: Best laid plans of Mice and Chris

1. tyrantlizardrex May 26, 2017

It's Friday, it's Podcast day!

This week, Episode 9 of The Time 4A Pint Podcast - Thing's didn't go quite to plan this week... so no interview... listen to the podcast to find out what exactly went wrong (or right), and why we're misquoting Robert Burns.

In this episode there's a whole lot of stuff, including news from Time 4A Pint on 23rd May 2017, a few lots we liked from the Fellows 30th May Watch Sale, a 15 year old Speedmaster wearing a custom Two Stitch Straps... strap, an Omega Seamaster 145.024 Jedi, the Omega 1957 Limited Editions from Basel 2017, the last of the Bremont Kingsman DLC watches, and the future of timepieces in the Kingsman movies, and last but not least the limited edition Marc Newson Hourglass for Hodinkee .

Give it a listen here: https://www.time4apint.com/podcast/2017/5/26/the-time-4a-pint-podcast-episode-9

And as always, feedback is very welcome.

Cheers

Chris

Edited May 26, 2017
  2. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches May 26, 2017

These programs are always well worthwhile. You have created a friendly and approachable atmosphere for your watch collecting podcasts. You manage a nice pace for both the guest interviews and the program itself. Very listenable.

It's fun to take the time to pull up Google Images of the watches being featured on the podcasts and review several of them while listening. A person can be sitting right in the big middle of Texas and learn something of the various brands through the descriptions all while feeling he's sitting right there with you.

3. tyrantlizardrex May 26, 2017

Thank you kind sir - glad that you're enjoying it all the way from Texas! :)

noelekal, Spacefruit and tapaptpat like this.
  4. kov Trüffelschwein. May 27, 2017

Lacking time to crawl around and find out what's up at different places - this was a summary of what you've seen interesting, with your own opinion on different things on top. ;)

I've just had a feeling that somebody (can't remember who and I don't care :whistling:) interviewed a guy called Chris Mann this week, I liked this episode as much as the previous ones. :thumbsup:

noelekal and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  5. Omega1 May 27, 2017

Another great podcast Chris just listened to it very informative ... keep up the good work..

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  6. tyrantlizardrex May 27, 2017

Thanks Alexis :)

I think this format could work well for weeks when time is tight (when there's been a night of 45 watch nerds to take care of for example).

A news wrap up, along the lines of A Letter From America which @ICONO and I were talking about yesterday :thumbsup:

It's funny, but it's very easy to pass on information with a view of your own - I think the Hodinkee x Marc Newson Hourglass is cool, it's a whole lot of money, but for a lot of people it's very reasonable, and it will sell out - without being rude/abusive as you see on some forums, or sycophantic as you see on some blogs.

Or maybe it's not easy, and I should pat myself on the back? Who knows! :coffee:

I had a lot of fun recording this week, because I love research, so got to go away and work out what I wanted to say, then talk about it... fulfilling all my journalistic desires. :cool:

neilfrancis, Omega1, noelekal and 3 others like this.
  7. lillatroll May 29, 2017

Another great episode.

8. Mr Gadget Jun 4, 2017

Another fantastic and enlightening episode. Chris, you are a natural.

9. watch3s Jun 4, 2017

yes a watch pod cast!