Forums Latest Members

The Time 4A Pint Podcast #47: Getting to the Core of Chris' Collection

1. tyrantlizardrex Aug 23, 2018

Ever since the first episode of the Time 4A Pint Podcast aired in April 2017, people have been sending me messages, asking about my watches.

What do I have? What have I sold? What do I like? What doesn’t do it for me? What’s next on the list?

And whilst answers to those questions, and more, have been woven into to the conversations that I’ve had with guests over the last 46 shows, there was no single place where I just got to talk about my stuff.

speedsonicWM.jpg

So this week I set out to change that, and Invited friend of the show Jonas over to drink some beers, eat some pizza, and talk about the 6 watches which make up the core of my collection.

There are some mistakes in here, some questions I just don’t have answers to, and I’m sure I got some things totally back to front, but hey, I never claimed to be an expert.

I’m just a guy who likes watches.

And beer and pizza. Clearly.

Listen Now!

lando, wristpirate, Mr Gadget and 3 others like this.
  2. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Aug 24, 2018

Very interesting & reassuring to hear I'm not a collector... never sold something, never made a mistake ;)

lando, Nathan1967 and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  3. tyrantlizardrex Aug 24, 2018

I think that was John Mayer's definition... :D

@neilfrancis and I decided very early on in the podcast's history, that if you've got three or more of something then you're a collector. :cool:

4. Nathan1967 Aug 24, 2018

Great episode! I really enjoyed it, Jonas did a great job in the “Chris” role too. A tough act to follow!

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  5. tyrantlizardrex Aug 24, 2018

He kept plying himself with beer from my fridge, which I think helped :D

6. Nathan1967 Aug 24, 2018

So it was a bit like when Aspel interviewed Ollie Reed....but reversed?

7. tyrantlizardrex Aug 24, 2018

I think you overestimate how much beer I keep in my fridge @Nathan1967 ;)

8. lando Aug 25, 2018

Great episode. Great watches. "Captain Haddock's watch" was really funny.

You should do one about your other watches, aswell. The "non-core" episode so to speak.

9. tyrantlizardrex Aug 25, 2018

Thanks @lando, glad you enjoyed it! Captain Haddock watch is now plaguing my dreams. :D

A non-core episode is a definite possibility for the future, it’s all just a bit random and changeable, whereas these 6 help to tell a pretty easy to follow story. Even when we were a few beers in! :thumbsup:

10. isaac.owen.nz Aug 28, 2018

+1 did enjoy jonas' work there and I honestly didn't get the 2+2+1/1 connection until he pointed it out at the end...