Forums Latest Members

The Time 4A Pint Podcast #24: Enabled Through Instagram, with Nathan

1. tyrantlizardrex Oct 6, 2017

Welcome to Episode 24 of the Time 4A Pint Podcast - this week we dragged ourselves off the sofa, got dosed up on cold and flu remedies, and headed out to meet Nathan, who like us was valiantly fighting a serious case of man-flu. And, very much like us, spends hours looking at shiny time keeping devices on Instagram.

After discovering the shear volume of watch pictures being shared by collectors, dealers, and enablers alike, Nathan's collecting turned from fashion brands, to an eclectic, but well appointed selection of timepieces old, and new, that appeal to him. Great Stuff.

RadoCaptainCook.jpg

Watches on the week's episode:
    • Rolex Submariner 14060M
    • Rado Captain Cook LE Ref. 01.763.0500.3.130
    • Jacques Monnat Chronograph (Valjoux 7736)
    • Breitling Sprint Chronograph Ref. 2010 aka. Bowtie/Zorro(Valjoux 7733)
    • Wittnauer Professional Chronograph Ref. 7004A (Landeron 248)
    • Citizen Homer Date

Listen Now

Edited Oct 8, 2017
    noelekal, Tab, Just Livin and 2 others like this.
  2. tyrantlizardrex Oct 6, 2017

Big thanks to everyone that's given episode 24 a listen today - I've spent today getting #25 (@ewand Heuers!) ready for next Friday, so I can sneak off on holiday.

3. tyrantlizardrex Oct 11, 2017

500 plays. :D

Just Livin likes this.
  4. jakeh417 Oct 11, 2017

@tyrantlizardrex

Your main page, the white text summary on most of your pictures are very difficult to read. I like the format you have on your Events page much better.

5. tyrantlizardrex Oct 11, 2017

If you click on the image, to open the episode page, the text is there, black on white, and designed for easy reading.

Feedback appreciated, but I’m not changing the design... that main podcasts page gets pretty much no traffic.

6. Just Livin Oct 11, 2017

Listening now. Another fantastic edition. :thumbsup: Love these :)

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  7. jakeh417 Oct 11, 2017

Right, but being there for the first time, and wanting to scroll through to see which I like, before I click, it was hard on the eyes. Don't have to do much to do design, was just suggesting make the text a bit easier to read....

8. tyrantlizardrex Oct 11, 2017

Changing the way the pages looks requires design work... I appreciate that you might not like how it looks... but I'm not looking to spend time changing the design of the webpages right now... frankly I have enough on my plate to be getting along with.

Suggestion noted.

For now you'll have to click into the episode and read the same text (plus a little more), there.

As I say, very few people visit the main podcast page, and the effort that I have is already spread quite wide.

9. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Oct 11, 2017

While I wear reading glasses and am not keen on white text generally, I can easily take in the white dial's lettering on that Rado seen in the photo within the opening post of this thread. If I can see "Swiss Made" on the Rado dial then any other descriptive text is not an issue for me.

Of course I'm on a desktop with large screen. Besides, it's the entertaining audio narrative that I'm into. The visuals are just the icing on the cake.

It's a good effort made for watch nerds' enjoyment and I'm grateful to Chris.

10. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Oct 11, 2017

@tyrantlizardrex sounds like an offer of free services to me :thumbsup:

11. abrod520 Oct 11, 2017

One idea I have, and this is not a criticism but just a thought, is that I like scrolling along the photos as the watches are discussed, but often can't listen straight through uninterrupted - is it possible to anchor the Soundcloud embed at the bottom or top of the page maybe? That way I won't have to scroll up to pause / restart the podcast (in browser) or open the page twice like I currently do (one to listen, one to scroll)

I'm sure I'm a fringe use case though. Even though I know as a millennial I'm supposed to listen to this on iTunes or at the very least on a mobile device, I prefer to do most of my internet fooling on a desktop browser during lulls in the workday.

12. tyrantlizardrex Oct 11, 2017

I'm drinking mint tea on the Costa Del Sol, tinkering... ::facepalm1::

I'm 100% sure it's not possible to anchor to the top, because of the way the pages are built... let me look at if it can be anchored to the bottom... I suspect not without rewriting the HTML... and that I'm really keen not to do.

13. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Oct 11, 2017

:whipped:

14. tyrantlizardrex Oct 11, 2017

I have finished my mint tea, and am going to sleep. :coffee: