Forums Latest Members
  1. Spikedlee Mar 8, 2021

Absolutely in love with my 3861 Speedy. Photos never seem to do it justice, but I have determined that photos taken under direct sunlight really amplify the sexual nature of the new darker, stepped dial.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

frazierspa and Cuttysark like this.
  2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Mar 8, 2021

Sexual nature? Interesting description o the dial.

Question: I just watched a video review o the 3861 (The Timeless Watch Channel), and he was pretty harsh about the case and bracelet. Specifically, he said that the edge o the case was very sharp...to the point that he thought he could cut him. Have you found the case edge to be excessively sharp?

pw92676 likes this.
  3. scapa Mar 8, 2021

Mucho discussion and analysis of this hot-button topic may be found here:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/razor-sharp-edges-on-the-new-speedy.127348/page-5

Thanks for the rolling updates ands pix, OP! Nice to see that stepped dial under the sun...

blufinz52 likes this.
  4. Spikedlee Mar 8, 2021

I did with the 3861 bracelet as it created a pinch point on my wrist. That's why I switched to the Anniversary bracelet which has alleviated that issue and made the watch perfectly comfortable now.

frazierspa and blufinz52 like this.
  5. gnuyork Mar 8, 2021

Yes, it looks so good in the sun... Funny I was just thinking that this morning while driving. Not that I haven't noticed it before, but I really was checking it out in the sun this morning and thinking the same. LOOKS SO GOOD!

[​IMG]

6. kov Trüffelschwein. Mar 8, 2021

Time to get a vintage Speedmaster and put it in the golden hour light :cool:

F43A310A-619B-4E98-96F3-2549A448C117.jpeg

Cuttysark, cicindela, Eve and 3 others like this.
  7. nwpan Mar 8, 2021

Sharp as a knife? No.

It's not going to cut you, if you can try it on at a boutique and see for yourself instead of listening to that video. If no 3861 in stock, try on the new Seamaster and feel the edge. It's similar polishing level.

I've worn this watch non-stop for weeks now and it wears nice.

PhilF, gnuyork and blufinz52 like this.