Forums Latest Members

...the strap bars are welded in place....comments please !

1. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Feb 18, 2015

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 18, 2015

Sure, all the Omega military issued Seamaster 300's have welded springbars. Required in the mil-spec. These do look odd. The case seems in oddly good shape versus the rest of the watch.

Edited Feb 18, 2015
  3. michael e Still learning. Feb 18, 2015

On the military Seamaster 300s I have seen the fixed bars have looked different where they meet the case.
    I do not see any signs of end piece rub or spring bar removal scratches so who knows?

4. Dogmann Feb 18, 2015

Hi all,

Sorry just so much of that ad rings major alarm bells for me, first off the case looks way to new in comparison to the dial and bezel ageing and I can't believe that the dial and bezel could accumulate that much wear and ageing whilst the case remains nearly mint. The story about polishing out the military markings sounds like total BS to me as if true it means who ever had it done or did it just destroyed most of the watches value as well as the needed proof unless of course it comes a with an Omega archive extract to prove it was a military issued piece and shouldn't it have a T in a circle on the dial?. He also says the hands may of been relumed and then states later he is selling it from the original owner who you would of thought would of known if he had it relumed or not. IMHO it looks like a total franken watch put together from parts and a story to try and part some one from their money as I seriously doubt anyone would consider it "a solid investment" of course I could be totally wrong. The icing on the cake is his please note bullet points

Please note:

• This is a vintage timepiece so no guarantee of accuracy, functionality or watertightness is given
    • No guarantee or warranty is given or implied
    • Watch is being sold on behalf of a customer (the original owner) so no returns can be accepted for any reason (except being genuine Omega), so please satisfy yourself that you are happy before purchasing the watch. You are welcome to view in person, but it is your choice if you choose not to. I am sure you understand.
    • UK postage includes full insurance & tracking, overseas shipping includes tracking and insurance up to £250gbp.
    • Check my feedback and buy with confidence
    Oh yeah check out only his two sold items that show in the last 9 months of his 701 feedback score it just all looks odd to me.

Marc

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 18, 2015

6. redpcar Feb 18, 2015

Dial and movement look genuine. What are they worth as parts? If we assume it was disassembled and put on the wheel, all the value is gone from the case and caseback anyway.

7. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Feb 18, 2015

yeah, to me the bars look like bigger springbar examples, that are glued in . you need an opening to get them in. and that gap is still there.....bad workmanship.....kind regards. achim

pitpro likes this.
  8. kox Feb 19, 2015

Yes... gap is too wide. Should be as mine below.

Serial no. on the OP watch is 255x and I haven't seen any in that range. No T on dial could be okay if it was an w10 from ´67, but I don't think it is. Most of these '67 had serial 247x. And the '68 had 282x and the ´70 had 275x. Some were mixed between the W10 and RN300/0552 and also mixed with the year stamped on the caseback, but these 3 serial ranges are where I have found most examples through the years.

Anyway...quite a gamble this one.

rn300 bars.jpg

20140710_100735.jpg

pitpro, scook94, chickenman26 and 3 others like this.
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 19, 2015

To me they don't look like real fixed bars on the watch in that auction, but those spring bars that you install in place of fixed bars that have been removed at some point. They are basically spring bars that are full width of the lug opening, and are "permanent" in that they have to be cut out to remove them.

10. Tom Dick and Harry Feb 19, 2015

Dodge...... everything about this watch is doge!

If thats an original mills SM300 then I will run the great north run in a chicken suit...... and thats never going to happen!

11. michael e Still learning. Feb 20, 2015

I really hope this turns out to be original now :)

Stewart H, watchyouwant and Darlinboy like this.
  12. Dogmann Feb 25, 2015

Hi all,

Hope you are all sitting down as I just checked out what this watch sold for and it was £2,150 !!!!! where we all missing something? But it looks like someone really wanted it although it was from a bidder with only a 2 feedback score it looks like he was determined to get it although it will be interesting to see if it completes and what if any feedback is left.

Marc