Forums Latest Members

La Collezione Speedmaster Firma - Spedizione 60/61...Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer Repair

1. TLIGuy Jul 18, 2017

I have updated the Expedition 40/41 image with the newly produced YouTube Channel video which can be viewed here.

I hope you enjoy the new addition.

Mad Dog, Lou P, repoman and 3 others like this.
  2. RedMac Jul 18, 2017

Wow! Now this collection is heading the next level.

TLIGuy likes this.
  3. JMH76 Jul 18, 2017

Great work!

TLIGuy likes this.
  4. TLIGuy Aug 24, 2017

I have added a new addition to the collection from Space Shuttle Commander Frederick Gregory.

Frederick Gregory was selected as an astronaut by NASA in January 1978. Gregory’s first space assignment was as pilot of Space Shuttle Challenger, in 1985. On November 23, 1989, he commanded the Space Shuttle Discovery into orbit with four other astronauts. Gregory again commanded a Defense Department mission in 1991 with the launch of Atlantis. Finally, he served as NASA’s Deputy Administrator from 2002-2005 and was inducted into the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame on May 1, 2004.

Gregory 3.JPG

Edited Aug 25, 2017
    Lou P, Mad Dog, blubarb and 3 others like this.
  5. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Aug 24, 2017

That was a very enjoyable read. Thankyou for your time and effort @TLIGuy

TLIGuy likes this.
  6. RedMac Aug 24, 2017

TLIGuy, Great effort on your part. I know Fred fairly well and he is friendly and funny guy as well as a hell of a pilot. The STS-33 landing was one of the more interesting in the history of the Shuttle.

TLIGuy likes this.
  7. palatine Sep 12, 2017

what a marvelous thing to have put together!!
    Bravo sir

TLIGuy likes this.
  8. RedMac Sep 12, 2017

You are putting together the total package of artifact display. The item, the images and the story. Great job.

Btw, the photo of the crew of STS-33 was a very good crew. Four out of the five crew mates are in the Astronaut Hall of Fame. They are good people.

TLIGuy likes this.
  9. blubarb Sep 24, 2017

It still amazes me every time I see the one and only TLIGuy's collection!

TLIGuy likes this.
  10. themouse Sep 26, 2017

very interesting!!

TLIGuy likes this.
  11. Watchmutt Sep 30, 2017

I was expecting to see something else based on the title, but I was still pleasantly surprised. Great post!

TLIGuy likes this.
  12. TLIGuy Nov 7, 2017

I have updated the Fred Haise Apollo 13 image with the newly produced Speedmaster Signature Collection YouTube Channel video which can be viewed here.

I hope you enjoy the new addition.

Apollo Timeline.jpg

Lou P, Mad Dog, SamQue and 3 others like this.
  13. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Nov 7, 2017

Bravo on the video! Very nicely done.

TLIGuy likes this.
  14. RedMac Nov 7, 2017

Another great video to add to a stellar collection.

TLIGuy likes this.
  15. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 8, 2017

Still amazed how much info each astronaut could fit in a caseback :thumbsup:

TLIGuy likes this.
  16. Lowflight Dec 29, 2017

Great Thread

TLIGuy likes this.
  17. TLIGuy Jan 5, 2018

I have added a new piece to the collection signed by Apollo 15 Command Module Pilot Al Worden. This new addition takes the collection back to its original intent of documenting historic manned spaceflight events by marking the exact moment in time that Al Worden began the first ever deep space EVA.

Colonel Al Worden was one of 19 astronauts selected by NASA in April 1966, in the 5th group of astronauts selected. Prior to his Apollo 15 mission and the Command Module Pilot he served as a member of the crew support for Apollo 9 and as the backup Command Module Pilot for Apollo 12.

Al Worden served as the Command Module Pilot for Apollo 15, July 26 to August 7, 1971. Apollo 15 was the fourth manned lunar mission and the first to visit and explore the Moon’s Hadley Rille and Apennine Mountains. While transiting back to Earth on August 5, 1971 Al Worden preformed the first ever deep space EVA approximately 196,000 miles form Earth. During his EVA Worden logged 38 minutes outside the Command Module Endeavour. In completing his three excursions to Endeavour’s Scientific Instrument Module bay, Worden retrieved film cassettes from the panoramic and mapping cameras. In completing his spaceflight, Worden logged 295 hours and 11 minutes in space.

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 5.47.39 AM.jpg

CdnWatchDoc, Darlinboy, Lou P and 3 others like this.
  18. gostang9 Nov 28, 2018

Truly remarkable project and a super thread that makes OF such a great place to hang out!

Congrats @TLIGuy for all you’ve accomplished and sincerest thanks for sharing!

TLIGuy likes this.
  19. TLIGuy Dec 17, 2018

I have added one of my most sought after pieces to the collection signed by X-15 test pilot and Space Shuttle astronaut Joe Engle.

Test pilot Joe Engle made 16 flights in the X-15 rocket plane and qualified as a Military astronaut before he became a NASA astronaut and flew two Space Shuttle missions. In 1981, Engle commanded the second flight of Space Shuttle Columbia beginning November 12, 1981, with pilot Richard Truly in the first spaceship to return to orbit. On this flight, Engle performed manual flight test data maneuvers throughout the re-entry and became the only pilot to manually fly a vehicle from Mach 25 in space to touchdown. In 1985 he commanded a five-man crew on the 20th shuttle flight, a satellite deploy and repair mission.

Joe Engle is a graduate of the USAF Experimental Test Pilot School and the Aerospace Research Pilot School. From 1963 to 1966, Engle was a test pilot in the X-15 research program at Edwards Air Force Base. Three of his 16 X-15 flights exceeded 50 miles in altitude and as a result he became the youngest pilot to qualify as an astronaut.

In 1966, NASA selected Engle to join its Group 5 astronaut class. After serving as a backup crewman in the Apollo program, he served as commander of one of two crews that flew several Space Shuttle Approach and Landing Test flights in 1977. During these tests, the orbiter Enterprise was carried to 25,000 feet bolted on top of a Boeing 747 carrier aircraft and then released for its two-minute glide flight to a landing in the California desert.

S81-39427~orig.jpg

Edited Dec 27, 2018
    TJH, Taddyangle, CdnWatchDoc and 3 others like this.
  20. TLIGuy Dec 27, 2018

Two years in the making 2018 has ended with the addition of one of my most sought after piece for the collection signed by Russian cosmonaut Gennady Padalka.

Gennady Ivanovich Padalka is a Russian Air Force officer and Roscomos cosmonaut. Gennady Padalka currently holds the world record for the most time spent in space, accumulating 878 days in space, more than any other person. He worked on Mir-26 and four International Space Station Expedition missions. He is a record breaking cosmonaut who’s first journey into space was in 1998, to Russia’s Mir space station and the only person to have commanded the International Space Station four times, he has also participated in 10 spacewalks.

Meet the legend Gennady Padalka...

CREDIT - NASA