Forums Latest Members

The Speedmaster OMEGA Co-Axial Chronograph

1. himmelblau Mar 26, 2011

The Speedmaster OMEGA Co-Axial Chronograph

Since it was launched more than half a century ago, the OMEGA Speedmaster has defined the classic chronograph. This year, an innovative new member of the family is being introduced, equipped with the OMEGA Co-Axial calibre 9300/9301 - the Speedmaster OMEGA Co-Axial Chronograph.

One version of the Speedmaster OMEGA Co-Axial Chronograph has a 44.25 mm case in the classic stainless steel. This model has a bevelled black dial with white transferred elements and varnished white hands. It is offered on a black leather strap or a stainless steel bracelet. It is also available in stunning 18 Ct orange gold with a black ceramic dial and in elegant 950 platinum with a black enamel dial, both with 18 Ct gold applied indexes and hands.

The dial has two sub-dials instead of the three normally associated with Speedmaster. This is made possible by the innovative placement of the 12-hour and 60-minute counters in the same sub-dial at 3 o'clock allowing a comfortable and intuitive chronograph reading.

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 26, 2011

I don't really know about this one, the dial layout just doesn't really sit well with me still, but maybe I'll grow to love it. DAMN that movement from behind looks stunning, the 8500 turbine decoration's been taken a step further with this thing.

3. omegagmt Apr 2, 2011

It's definitely a cleaner look for a chronograph. I like a simple look for a dial; not too busy. I don't own any chronographs because they are too busy, but this is definitely a consideration to buying a chronograph.

4. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 2, 2011

Sure you're not just familiar/attached to the old, classic dial? Remember how strongly some people reacted against the Sub-C?

I like this sort of evolution. They've done it really tastefully. Although the classic one is an icon, it was still pretty busy looking (IMO). This seems like a genuine improvement (not just change for the sake of having a new model).

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 2, 2011

I love the pro, always have

6. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Apr 3, 2011

I think this is a good addition to the lineup, something a little bit different. I suppose the good thing is that there's more to differentiate it from the Pro, whilst the old Co-Axial Speedmaster did look very similar at a glance

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 3, 2011

What I'd be very interested to see is a manual wind version of the Cal 9300, much like how they adapted the 3313 to a manual wind variant for an LE speedmaster. without the rotor it could be even more beautiful to look at through a displayback.