Forums Latest Members

The spa hit a home run this time

1. chickenman26 Mar 28, 2015

I don't know why I buy these things. It's not iconic or even popular, but it just spoke to me, and I'm thrilled to have it. It's a Seamaster 120m mechanical that's basically an SM300M midsize without the HEV, rotating bezel, or 300 meter water resistance. Same 1120 movement though, with screw down crown. When it first arrived from ebay, it was scuffed, the bracelet was worn looking and full of off-brand pins with tubes missing. To top it off, it lost about 30 seconds every hour and was so badly magnetized that it attracted a compass needle as if it were a large speaker magnet. I paid a very low price, knowing it needed help. So I sent it to Secaucus to learn some manners. Seven weeks later, it came back completely wrapped in clear and blue vinyl with a card indicating it was performing at a daily rate of +1.0 sec/day and passed vacuum & pressure tests. I also received a baggie full of old parts.

Pardon the crappy pic, but the watch is so shiny, and with the silver dial, I wasn't able to get a better shot. The bracelet made it too blingy, so I mounted a sailcloth strap. The watch and bracelet look absolutely new, and they replaced the clasp sliders to boot. Can't say yet exactly what the accuracy is, but it's looking good - hacked last night at 5 p.m., It was dead on this morning at 5 a.m. I have to say, after all the bad experiences I've had with Omega service, this was a pleasant surprise. I'm actually more excited with this acquisition than the brand new triple date I bought last year.

sm120m.JPG

OmegaRookie, KCScott, STANDY and 2 others like this.
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 28, 2015

Very nice! That dial is awesome!

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 28, 2015

Not one you see that often, nice pick up.

4. BuckeyeOmegaMan Mar 29, 2015

I actually like that dial allot.

5. ctpete Mar 29, 2015

I've always liked the 120. Especially the two-tone gold over stainless.

6. KIMBER Mar 29, 2015

Looks great. Love the shine it puts off.

7. chickenman26 Mar 30, 2015

Thanks. That bracelet made the watch too monochrome, but the sailcloth breaks it up nicely. However, my blue grab & go version was missing its bracelet, so it found a home there. The color contrast looks good I think.

blue boy.1.jpg the twins.jpg

hooligan74 and Archer like this.