Forums Latest Members

The so-called "rare" Cal. 146 HP reverse panda

1. longlifegoods Apr 24, 2017

Sup OF,

I'm a pretty new member here but I'm an addict like y'all. Today I would like to talk about (show off? :p) my latest addition that's putting me deeper into the rabbit hole. It is a watch that, I think, is pretty seldom seen. To be honest, I don't know much about it but it's been on my mind since the first time I knew about it (around 2-3 years ago?). Having no luck of finding one, I started the Breitling Top Time 810 hunt because of its similarities. I even begged and tempted @sliceoftime_ to forget the DIBS list (don't worry guys. He's not gonna do that) and just let me have his 810 :whistling: ,which I think practically annoyed him due to my constant begging :D.

Fast forward to around 3 weeks ago, I was like :eek::eek::eek: when I saw THE Zenith up for grabs on the famous chronograph focused sales forum. I contacted the seller and chat with him a bit. I kept looking at pictures he provided. All was looking good but something was holding me back. I didn't reply him and then slept on it. In the morning, I had a look at the watch again and I said, "Screw it. Let's buy". Aaaand it sold :(.

Fast forward again, 1 week later, I found THE Zenith again on different platform and it was up for sale! I saw that the ad has been listed for around 15 minutes but I decided to messaged the seller anyway. I asked the price and exactly 1 second later after he stated the price, I instantly said yes and now here it is ::love::.

18095072_453429055003154_2134311816526823424_n.jpg

Edited Apr 24, 2017
    Risto, Larry S, Tet and 18 others like this.
  2. khmt2 Apr 24, 2017

Congrats and dibs!  I was too late in replying to the IG seller! :mad:

Could you share more shots of the case and case back? Also, any reference number marked on the inside of the case back?

3. longlifegoods Apr 24, 2017

Thanks, man! There were 5 people enquired already when I asked but I was the first one to say the magic words :p

I already took bunch of photos but I can't upload them. There is no "insert photo" button after adding photos, just a delete option. Any clue?

4. longlifegoods Apr 24, 2017

Oh, and no, no reference number. So it's still quite a mystery piece! There is only serial number inscribed on the outer caseback and I'm waiting for the Zenith extract of archive which probably will take ages to arrive :whipped:

5. khmt2 Apr 24, 2017

There should be an 'insert photo' link right under the pics you've added. Even if you don't click on it, the pics you've added to the post will still appear at the bottom

6. longlifegoods Apr 24, 2017

Yes, I'm aware of that but the pics I added won't show up. The one with Lange background wouldn't show up as well. I need to save the image from viewing my IG feed on browser first and upload the that downloaded picture

7. MaiLollo Apr 24, 2017

Big time congrats, it looks awesome. It's the kind of piece that you just can't find even if you want to !
    Just to be sure, what's the "famous chrono sales forum"? I feel stupid asking this but hey, it has never stopped me from asking :D

Jwit likes this.
  8. propervinyl May 20, 2017

This is gorgeous. Could I get on the dibs list as well?

9. longlifegoods May 20, 2017

Sure, brother!

10. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 21, 2017

The famous forum has got to be Chronocentric (Chronotrader section).

11. longlifegoods May 21, 2017

Syrte likes this.
  12. Kmart May 21, 2017

I have spent many an evening sifting through Chronotrader... feels like one of my grails is posted almost daily. It usually involves a lot of drooling over pictures of incredible watches and then weeping at the prices. And then wondering how in the world you get in touch with some of these sellers anyway because half of them don't seem to provide contact information.

It's probably bad for my health. And my wallet, eventually.

Anyway... :whistling: Lovely 146 @longlifegoods! Looks awesome in the reverse panda configuration. A cal 146 is on my list for sure, feels like they haven't taken off quite as much as the likes of UG yet.

Vitezi likes this.
  13. longlifegoods May 21, 2017

The recent forum update makes unregistered users unable to see the email of the registered sellers. I think this is due to the amount of spammers and scammers.

Also, thanks a lot :D. They are now rising in price, though, and I think it's about time these are getting the attention they deserve.

14. Kmart May 21, 2017

Ah, that makes sense. Guess it's time to start getting active over there then. Or maybe that's not such a good idea. ::bleh::

I have noticed prices start to rise, but I think right now that's mainly just in line with the massive interest in vintage chronographs of late (which I am definitely guilty of contributing to). They're definitely still a little bit undervalued compared to other brands.

15. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 22, 2017

::facepalm1:: At the risk of sounding like a broken record... are you trying to ensure the whole world takes notice and compete to push the price up so you can't afford them any more? Then keep going, there are people here who come here for info and will invest in watches based on your observations. (For what it's worth I was contacted on Instagram by someone who's not even a registered member here but was reading regularly the Longines forum).

The good news is, we can edit out those value statements.

Congrats to the OP, it's a beautiful watch.

Edited May 22, 2017
  16. longlifegoods May 22, 2017

I don't mind if the price is going up :whistling:

Thanks a lot @Syrte :thumbsup:

17. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 22, 2017

I see, another speculator :D

18. Kmart May 22, 2017

Wasn't trying to start an argument and I'm not typically one to speculate on value. I was merely making an observation that Zenith chronographs might be in the realm of affordability for me. And I don't think it's likely that my opinion will have a significant impact on the market.

19. longlifegoods May 22, 2017

Nonono, I'm no speculator. I'm just a regular guy with limited funds but hoping that someday if there's a situation I need to liquidate my watches, this crazy hobby of mine would have been free of charge :D

craigbythesea, Kmart and Syrte like this.
  20. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 22, 2017

No offense intended on my end, that's for sure.
    However I am convinced discussions here create conventional wisdoms which have market impact.
    No intent to create a big argument over it however, if others disagree.

ELV web likes this.