The Return of the Grail

In my buy-and-sell psychosis over the past few years, I acquired a Skyfall that I initially labeled as one of my grails. As other references came and went, I thought a dethroning was imminent and I ended up moving my Skyfall along - I'd been kicking myself in teeth over it since.

It's finally back and I'm H-A-P-P-Y once again. Not as pristine as my first one but in very good shape and at a great price. This one is here to stay, and it will never leave again.
1000044459.jpg

What a gorgeous timepiece 🙌 Enjoy it in good health and happiness for many years ahead.

Welcome back! It's the most beautiful blue dial I've ever seen. I just stare at it sometimes.

IMG_8040.jpg
Edited:

They’re a great piece, we got one for my dad for his 70th 10 years ago and he’s worn it ever since, still looks great

Very nice. Congrats on finding another to replace the one you moved on

Congrats!!! I sold my 41.5mm version to buy the current AT 38 blue dial and sometimes consider selling the latter to get this. The dials on these were just so perfect.

Aqua Terras are great watches so beautiful and versatile, if I knew then what I know now when I got my Seamaster, it would just as well been a AT... or maybe a Globemaster... or maybe a black Railmaster. Damn it too much goodies in the Omega shop!

Aqua Terras are great watches so beautiful and versatile, if I knew then what I know now when I got my Seamaster, it would just as well been a AT... or maybe a Globemaster... or maybe a black Railmaster. Damn it too much goodies in the Omega shop!

Careful there! That's how my psychotic frenzy evolved. I had to ban myself from the forums for a few weeks to reign myself in - the withdrawals were horrible!

Welcome back! It's the most beautiful blue dial I've ever seen. I just stare at it sometimes.

IMG_8040.jpg

I empathize. I'm back to staring and my work productivity took a hit yesterday

It took me quite some time to find mine, but it’s now part of the “never sell” subset of my collection. Omega really pulled out all of the stops on this one, especially with the white gold accents. And when the sunlight hits that vertical blue “teak” dial - WOW. To my knowledge, it’s the only Omega model that has appeared in a Bond film without being the official promotional tie in watch, which is cool in its own right. It is said that it’s a personal favorite of Daniel Craig. It’s one of only two modern Omegas in my collection and I believe that they will continue to increase in value. Already not easy to find good examples.
IMG_7788.jpeg

@gbesq - it's actually your fault/credit that I reacquired this piece. When you originally posted about your acquisition, it drove me to obsession to get it again. So thanks to you, my world has finally regained balance and zen.

@gbesq - it's actually your fault/credit that I reacquired this piece. When you originally posted about your acquisition, it drove me to obsession to get it again. So thanks to you, my world has finally regained balance and zen.
Happy to be of service!

They really have to bring this one back. I LOVE the vertical slats, the color, everything and if it were available new now i'd buy today.

...To my knowledge, it’s the only Omega model that has appeared in a Bond film without being the official promotional tie in watch, which is cool in its own right.
IMG_7788.jpeg
Don't forget this one!

2024-09-24_15-45-46.jpg

In my buy-and-sell psychosis over the past few years, I acquired a Skyfall that I initially labeled as one of my grails. As other references came and went, I thought a dethroning was imminent and I ended up moving my Skyfall along - I'd been kicking myself in teeth over it since.

It's finally back and I'm H-A-P-P-Y once again. Not as pristine as my first one but in very good shape and at a great price. This one is here to stay, and it will never leave again.
1000044459.jpg
Stunning. Between you and @gbesq , my lust for it has been simmering. Not sure that I’ll ever be able to afford or justify that one, but I can wish. Keep posting photos periodically. It allows me to live vicariously. Beauty of a timepiece! Congrats!

I was lucky enough to find mine a year and half ago out of Japan fresh off an official Omega service. Although I'm sure the price has dropped quite a bit since then. Not that I really care because when you don't resell you don't lose anything. 😀

There are currently three Skyfall AT's available on C24 ranging in price from $4,490 to $6,276 USD and there is also one on the U.S. eBay website listed at $4,912 after coupon.