Forums Latest Members

The rarely encountered Seamaster chronometer ref 166022-166028, the Aquaterra's ancestor

1. georgeszaslavsky Aug 26, 2017

Good evening everyone

Another review but this time dedicated to a rarely encountered Seamaster, the ref 166022-166028 which is the legitimate ancestor of the Aquaterra. (Includes pics of before service and after service)

1) The design and the case
    It is the very easy for me to say that this watch is clearly the ancestor of the Aquaterra and it screams it
    [​IMG] (after service picture)
    [​IMG] (after service picture)
    [​IMG] (before service picture)
    [​IMG](before service picture)
    2) The dial
    Typical classic white silver sunburst dial with luminous indexes and applique Omega logo
    [​IMG]
    3) The movement
    The venerable 564 with its quick set date, pic of mine before service which was in very good condition but it needed an overhaul and a new gasket
    Full overhaul and change of the gasket have been done and the accuracy on it was very good

Conclusion
    Not often seen this rare Seamaster chronometer is a superb watch, I bargained mine on ebay and it is one of the very best vintage Omega purchases I have made till that day. It also existed in yellow and white gold as wel las with the cal 751 under the ref 166032-168023. If you can grab one at a decent price, go for it

Docthomas, davidswiss and mikechi22 like this.
  2. Rman Aug 27, 2017

3. nttisch23 Feb 5, 2019

First thing I noticed was the scratched rotor, very interesting....

riimar likes this.
  4. georgeszaslavsky Feb 6, 2019

This was an ebay auction , the seller told me it was never serviced but I got it for a bargain price so I couldn't complain (paid 750$ back then two years ago). I knew that a service and restoration had to be done. Find me better examples of watch like this without a single flaw on the dial , the case and the general condition of the movement priced like this, I don't think you ever will. I forgot to post after restoration pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Khanh Luu likes this.