Forums Latest Members

The original Darkside... Some thoughts after a couple weeks of ownership...

1. Superdoc May 9, 2015

Oddly enough I passed on this a number of times before serendipity practically forced me into buying one...
    I fell in love with the Greyside at first sight... But every time I saw the DS at the boutique it didn't really ever sing...

But now that I have one! I regret almost 2 years wasted....

It is all about the lights... The boutique is probably the worst place to see this...

I still love the Greyside... But really, the Basel 2015 offerings seem so much more underwhelming in retrospect...

It may be interesting to start seeing them in natural light ... But given that two of them are all brushed, and 3 have matte dials.... I can't imagine any of them coming close...

They really should have broken the mold after the GS... The original is almost too perfect...

image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Of course... I would still be open to a meteorite dial Darkside for the Soyuz 45th...

jsaen, GeorgeS, watchme and 7 others like this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 9, 2015

What I'd actually like to see in the Darkside is a glassy finish aventurine dial, if they released an aventurine it would have been more impressive than the 5-6 they did:

[​IMG]

3. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 9, 2015

Wow, the pictures!!! how can one not want it after those pictures....!!!

watchme likes this.
  4. jcmartinez98 May 10, 2015

I'm glad to see that you finally "saw the dark."

Like you said- it's almost perfect.
    I've worn mine everyday for 11 months and I never tire of staring at it.

My only complaint is that I wish I didn't feel like I had to take it off to do dishes, yard work, or jump in the pool/ocean. A small price to pay, however, for a stunner.

Edited May 10, 2015
    watchme and 300 like this.
  5. rwilner May 10, 2015

My dad has a very fine collection, including some iconic pieces from marquee brands. The dark side is "first among peers."

I told him -- buy, sell, trade any of the others...but please hold on to that dark side.

It is the only watch i have seriously considered liquidating my collection to get.

6. guelerct May 10, 2015

Great pics
    Tough to express the changing light effects on the dial and lugs. Thanks to the summer weather you can now enjoy the lume too!

7. maxtor71 May 12, 2015

I believe you've captured why I haven't yet got a GSOM. Each time my boutique guy comes to show me the GSOM in natural light, I'm tempted by it but then I also have to compare it against my DSOM since I'm not convinced the two are different enough. So after I remove the GSOM and put my DSOM on and look at it in the same light, that's it, nail in the coffin, and I send my boutique guy packing again with watch in hand... Has happened four times so far. I think it's a little easier to buy the DSOM if you already have a GSOM but not vice versa.

The DSOM is ridiculously photogenic and nigh on impossible to better IMHO.

Max

jcmartinez98 and watchme like this.
  8. richard371 May 14, 2015

I still enjoy mine after over a year. I still feel it's the best of the Omega ceramics. I'm really looking forward to getting the black leather band with the ceramic/titanium deployment buckle.

watchme likes this.
  9. Senorx May 16, 2015

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics.

10. logan2z May 16, 2015

I suspect this might the reason I always feel the watch looks too blingy. The bright lights in the boutiques/ADs exacerbate the shiny dial/case surfaces. I'll have to check it out in more natural light.

11. usernamehere May 16, 2015

Amazing pictures.

12. saturn1981 May 20, 2015

All i can is WOW!!!!!!!!

13. legends71 May 25, 2015

Very nice photos indeed. :thumbsup:

14. jsaen May 28, 2015

I'm late to the conversation, but what strap is that? Why are you not using the original strap?

I just got my DSOM today and am in love, but I'm strap-curious.

15. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 28, 2015

I think that should be a new phrase
    "Strap-curious"
    Although I'd suggest you don't google the phrase
    :whipped:
    Literally.....