Forums Latest Members
  1. trackpad Apr 24, 2016

I fell in love with this watch the instant I saw it. I have no idea what made me hesitate. When I went back to get it, of course it was gone. I think I had some idea I should research it first – check prices, check the reference, not pay too much. Uggh.

Screenshot 2016-04-24 23.19.47.png

Commiserate with me if you like about one that got away – or one you snapped up on impulse without research, and how that worked out for you – for better or for worse.

2. GuiltyBoomerang Apr 24, 2016

It might not be as nice as a Rolex Air-King, still...

I recently purchased a Longines Cal 23z movement, complete with original crown and movement in working condition. I just happened to find a listing for a case that also had a movement in it, and put it on my watch list for eBay. Now I'm from Australia, however I do have an USA address for parcel redirection. With 20s left I tried to put a bid on. I forgot, however, to set my postage address to my American one, which eBay was happy to point out :coffee: By the time I had set it, the winning bid was exactly what I would have bid for it...

At the very least, the hunt continues...

3. leetse2 Apr 24, 2016

I was recently at an antique market and noticed that one of the dealers had a Seamaster 2913-? with the broad arrow hour hand. The price seemed very reasonable but I passed on the watch and I have been thinking about the watch for a few weeks non-stop.

trackpad likes this.
  4. ulackfocus Apr 24, 2016

I'll always reply to this question with the same answer: a pink gold Longines Flagship caliber 30L from the early 60's (I think). I did manage to rectify it with the cosmetically identical automatic a few years later.

5. trackpad Apr 25, 2016

I think that is why I am kicking myself – it was the weird, sunburst/borderline tropical aging of this dial that really grabbed me, ...not an easy thing to come across or replace.