1. Xeer Mar 22, 2017

- 38mm case
    - Straight lugs
    - Tachymètre bezel
    - Broad arrow hands
    - Applied logo

... and more

Now where is that 321 movement though?

So if you had only one choice, 60th LE or the #ST ?

2. g-boac Mar 22, 2017

Don't give up on that 321 movement!! Ultimately it makes a lot of sense to bring it back.

Perhaps, for the 50th anniversary Apollo 11 105.012-66 CB reissue? :)

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 22, 2017

Still Speedy Tuesday for me

image.jpeg

jv91, omegasaso12, Tritium and 4 others like this.
  4. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 22, 2017

5. Linzer Mar 22, 2017

I think all three anniversary editions are nice. I like the Speedy and the Seamaster a lot but I don't think I will own any of them.
    I'll be very happy with my Speedy Tuesday.

ACTmike, jv91 and chows99 like this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 22, 2017

Not straight lugged.

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 22, 2017

The tooling and everything is still at Breguet which although is positioned at a much higher end than Omega, is still owned by Swatch Group and at the end of the day is far less important to the Swatch Group than Omega is, no matter what Breguet may think. So it's really just a matter of internal group politics and a will to make it happen, not any real technical or legal obstacles. I do hope at some point Breguet do get that tap on the shoulder and are told to share, not just to see the 321 appear again but also to ensure part supplies are well and truly replenished for the future.

Jwit, oddboy, hkrauss and 3 others like this.
  8. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 23, 2017

:thumbsdown: now that would be something, and the 2019 commemorative edition would be the ideal occasion, but for now we must be happy manually wind steel chronographs are still in production :rolleyes:

Pun and g-boac like this.
  9. Perseus Mar 23, 2017

I like it, but I already have a 300mc and a Speedmaster so it doesn't feel like it would add much variety to my small collection.

10. g-boac Mar 23, 2017

And we see examples of this in the corporate world quite a bit. For example, the Corvette engine is a "Chevrolet" engine, and the LS-series (now the LT-series) is their highest end engine ("movement"). But about a decade ago, Pontiac released a GTO for three years, and the GTO was powered by the Chevy LS1 (2004) and later LS2 (2005-2006) engine. It was a Chevrolet engine in a Pontiac - but from a corporate perspective: it was a GM engine in a GM car.

So hopefully logic like that applies to the 321 movement within the Swatch family!

cheers,
    Mark

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2017

Well technically it wasn't even a Pontiac, it was a Holden Monaro from Australia with the steering wheel moved to the incorrect side :coffee:

ACTmike, STANDY, Morrisdog and 4 others like this.
  12. ATWG Mar 23, 2017

I called the boutique to inquire, they won't confirm/guarantee your order until "sometime later" after they receive FULL deposit and have entered the order into Omega's worldwide system. Delivery is in June, as previously mentioned. FWIW, the sales person did mention that there has been robust interest here locally in DC. Wondering how fast these will be sold.

13. ohmzx Mar 23, 2017

Agree I love the look of the speedy Tuesday a lot more. Wonder if the price is going to go up for this one.

14. g-boac Mar 23, 2017

absolutely correct!! :) And, they left the bluetooth (which back then was groundbreaking) in Australia; although you could order the factory correct parts from Australia, and install yourself here to give you that capability for your phone.

15. g-boac Mar 23, 2017

Here's a question - if the boutique can't deliver, do you get your deposit back? For that matter, if they are allowed to back out of their commitment to you after taking your deposit, are you allowed to cancel without penalty should you change your mind or say, see the watch in person and decide that in person it's not the watch for you?

Edited Mar 23, 2017
  16. leetse2 Mar 24, 2017

Yes, it is a 100% refundable deposit for any reason.

17. g-boac Mar 24, 2017

That's good to know. In that case, it seems to be fair enough. Although I think the policy should be more like 100% only if you're placing an order for a watch that can be fulfilled immediately (e.g., days). For cases like these where delivery is TBD/months, a partial deposit such as 10 or 25% is more reasonable.

Either way, all good. Thanks for sharing all you've learned!!

18. ATWG Mar 24, 2017

Fully refundable, get your money back for whatever reason....

19. jfmiii Mar 24, 2017

I put a deposit down on the 60th SM300 at the Chicago OB, fully refundable if I choose not to buy the watch. They did not require 100% but I put the deposit down mid-day on Wednesday. They called back to confirm my card was charged and I was loaded into the worldwide Omega system and guaranteed a watch. I havent been called/emailed back requiring 100% as some others have stated. However, perhaps this was Speedy/Boxed Set only that they are requiring 100%. Curious if anyone buying the RM or SM had to put down a deposit for 100%.

pitpro likes this.
  20. dax774 Mar 26, 2017

Put my deposit down at the OB at South Coast Plaza for the LE speedy. Was 100% and informed non refundable, which concerned me a bit. In the event they are unable to deliver shouldn't I get my money back rather than be forced to pick up something else?

First time dealing with any OB as I have previously only purchased pre owned aside from my Moonwatch from an AD.