Forums Latest Members
  1. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 1, 2015

Recently made a deal with Dennisthemenance and glad to say we both are very well pleased. Needless to say, it's always a pleasure to make deals with a fellow forum member, especially Simon ;-)

The "Old Girl" just happens to be a 105.012-66 w/CB Case. Also included: The correct 1039 bracelet with 516 end-clips plus an Omega Extract and an Omega sharkskin strap and buckle for good measure.

I'm already in the process of "interviewing" a couple of US independent Omega service facilities to send her for a complete service and hopefully a more correct but modern chrono sweep and Omega logo crystal. Seems like no one wants to give-up their favorite places for service in the US. Most unfortunately Archer is no longer accepting new clients ;-(

Ok, here's what she looks like now and I'll be sure to follow-up with more of my bad scans when she's back from the spa, where ever that may be.
    P3010818.JPG

Varasc, TNTwatch, Gavin and 2 others like this.
  2. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Mar 1, 2015

Looks great as is. Can't wait to see her after her "spa" treatment.

3. KIMBER Mar 1, 2015

I recently sent my Speedy to Time Care Inc.after being turned down by Archer my self. I found many people referred Rik's work as the place to go in Florida anyway. Good luck to ya.

4. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 3, 2015

After speaking with several independent Omega repair facilities I think I found the right one. At least I hope I did.

Out of respect for Art's request, I'll keep them of the board. Here's a decent scan of her before she left yesterday.
    I was reassured that the only repairs/service would be as I directed. Please feel free to add your comments.

If any further issues were involved, I would be contacted before any additional work would start. My directions:
    1.) Although it winds smoothly and keeps good time: Service movement. Needless to say they use only OEM parts if needed. Original parts to be returned.
    2.) Clean case only...Do not polish.
    3.) Replace modern square-tail chrono sweep with more correct long-tail chrono sweep. Do not remove or replace any other hands.
    4.) Replace modern no logo crystal with an Omega logo crystal and realign DON bezel. Hopefully the dark shading between 10 and 3 will disappear with the new crystal and tension ring.
    5.) Brush off any loose debris on the dial. Do not refinish the dial.
    If any of the missing lume is eating thru the dial they would recommend a light lacquer to prevent further damage.

I asked if I could supply the replacement parts I requested if they were not available thru them. I was told the parts requested are already in their parts bin. Did I just hit the Lottery? Regardless, I'll keep you posted on the "Old Girl's" progress. Miki

[​IMG]

5. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Mar 3, 2015

MikiJ, go buy a lottery ticket. You hit one jackpot, perhaps you can hit another. :D

MikiJ likes this.
  6. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 3, 2015

Only "time" will tell!

tpatta likes this.
  7. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Mar 3, 2015

::rimshot::

MikiJ likes this.
  8. travisrock Mar 3, 2015

dang. that's a beauty right there. congrats on the pickup!