The Old Genéve´s.... lets see them :-)

Hi!

Other than me, that love the old Omega Genéve´s with cursive text from before they became a low entry level model ?

Lets se them 😀

This is a new arrival:

Ref. 14702
Cal. 552

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG

This is one I have had some years:

Ref. 14724-SC 61
Cal. 610

IMG_2232.JPG IMG_1341.JPG

IMO a beautiful, classy dress watch design. This is mine, in a 9ct British Dennison case. I know the hands are long but Dennison don't seem to have been too concerned about that, everything is the same mint condition and I'm confident they are original to it and don't plan to change them. Good examples have become extremely scarce and it took me months to find this one.

IMG_4163.JPG
ETA: It's a 267. My watchmaker took this photo of the movement when he serviced it.

Omega Geneve 267 movement.jpg

Hi!

Other than me, that love the old Omega Genéve´s with cursive text from before they became a low entry level model ?

Lets see them 😀

Thanks for the thread tdn-dk! I had not realized that there are two tiers of Genéve watches produced by Omega. Makes the Forum worthwhile to pick up a nugget of knowledge like this. Now I'll have to keep an eye out for early ones.

And finally there is a third tier of Geneve - the only chronometer version in the Geneve family - neglected by most of the collectors - actually most of them don´t know about the existence of this seldom seen gem with cal 602

Geneve_chronometer_602.jpg

It has a solid gold dial...

and here in a different view

P1050073.jpg

And finally there is a third tier of Geneve - the only chronometer version in the Geneve family - neglected by most of the collectors - actually most of them don´t know about the existence of this seldom seen gem with cal 602

Geneve_chronometer_602.jpg

It has a solid gold dial...

and here in a different view

P1050073.jpg

Yes you are correct, not many of those. I recall something about the dial Omega got in trouble with it and when they came in for service the dial was replaced. Was it the combination of Chronometer and Genéve that was not allow?

Yes you are correct, not many of those. I recall something about the dial Omega got in trouble with it and when they came in for service the dial was replaced. Was it the combination of Chronometer and Genéve that was not allow?
I think you are mixing this up with a different story - there was an issue with an automatic version but I do not recall the ref. from the back of my brain - and I am too lazy to search my HD so early on a Sunday morning...

IMO a beautiful, classy dress watch design. This is mine, in a 9ct British Dennison case. I know the hands are long but Dennison don't seem to have been too concerned about that, everything is the same mint condition and I'm confident they are original to it and don't plan to change them. Good examples have become extremely scarce and it took me months to find this one.

IMG_4163.JPG
ETA: It's a 267. My watchmaker took this photo of the movement when he serviced it.

Omega Geneve 267 movement.jpg

This watch is in fantastic condition! I do not think I have ever seen a 30 cal in this mint condition. Everything looks perfect, including the screws head. Nice find!

This watch is in fantastic condition! I do not think I have ever seen a 30 cal in this mint condition. Everything looks perfect, including the screws head. Nice find!

Thanks! My watchmaker said the same thing. I think it's probably a "best" watch that somebody has worn only on formal occasions.

I purchased a "jumbo"(36mm) Geneve with caliber 266 in February and it has remained one of my favorite watches to wear.
So much so that I've been looking out for another and managed to find a second one in crispier condition.
IMG_5495.JPG
Love these subtle two-tone dials with deep cut faceted markers
IMG_5497.JPG
Edited:

GenGroup6.jpg

I purchased a "jumbo"(36mm) Geneve with Caliber 286 in February and it has remained one of my favorite watches to wear.
So much so that I've been looking out for another and managed to find a second one in crispier condition.
IMG_5495.JPG
Love these subtle two-tone dials with deep cut faceted markers
IMG_5497.JPG
I am sure you meant caliber 268 as the watches you show have subseconds - 286 would have centre second

I am sure you meant caliber 268 as the watches you show have subseconds - 286 would have centre second

My mistake,
They are both cal 266
Thanks for keeping me in line as usual

Not the best shot - 2 X manuals 1x automatic.
photo_zpse5216148.jpg

DSCN6788.jpg

IMG_2167.JPG
Edited:

Bought this today, have been looking for one for quite some time, having seen the wonderful examples on here. Like @Edward53 's above this is 9K Dennison cased version of the 2903, this one dated 1960-61 with 17.77m serial. Am very happy with it.

IMG_0450.jpg IMG_0455 3.jpg IMG_0454 2.jpg
Edited:

There's one more branch of the Geneve family, also seemingly made in very small numbers and distinguished solely by what's on the dial. I have this one from 1968 which I like a lot, partly because of its rarity even though it's not even on most collectors' hit list, partly because of its condition and partly because I just think it has a certain something. Wrist shot and watchmaker photos from service last year.

IMG_5973.JPG Seamaster Geneve 601 movement.jpg Seamaster Geneve.jpg

Interesting. That seems to be a much rarer and more upmarket version of this, the 166.041 available as both manual and auto with several dial variations. The quality of the Geneve line notably decreased after the factory shut in ~1967. The speckles are just dust on the crystal.

1CHqHJl.jpg