The Old Genéve´s.... lets see them :-)

Yup – checks out. Note that the early ones had no partial index at "6", they were added a few years later.

Nor it has mine, right? Do you think it’s worth to spend 120 chf for an extract of the archives?

Nor it has mine, right? Do you think it’s worth to spend 120 chf for an extract of the archives?

Yes, I meant that yours fits that profile.

I have no extracts for any of my Genève, nor for any other of my watches, with the exception of a couple of Longines. They are free through Longines, and I don't really see the point of paying for an extract unless it may have special value on re-sale.

Yes, I meant that yours fits that profile.

I have no extracts for any of my Genève, nor for any other of my watches, with the exception of a couple of Longines. They are free through Longines, and I don't really see the point of paying for an extract unless it may have special value on re-sale.

Agree. But in this special case it’d be nice to have a certificate stating that this was made in the very first year of production, I think.

Early Geneve models are hard to shop for. I've mostly haunted online sites because of the remoteness of my location. Auction sites do not break out first generation script Geneves, requiring much searching through later models in order to see few early ones. Must have been a comparitively low production line of Omega watches.

It's also difficult to scare up comprehensive data on the early Geneve models online. That leaves good ol' Omega Forums and this thread in particular for those seeking early script Geneve information and lore.

It's not a bad thing to have to come into this thread for inspiration. There's much misinformation elsewhere, frequently lumping these Geneves in with later '60s Geneve models and describing the entire lot as "a cheap line of Omega watch." That seems unworthy of either early or late Omega Geneve watch models.

Would love to read a weighty reference on just these Geneve models and their variants.

How does one best describe these Geneve models? 1950s/early 1960s models? First generation? Script (some use cursive) models? Is there a way to tighten a search without losing out on seeing the "right" Gsneve models one is seeking?
Edited:

Early Geneve models are hard to shop for. I've mostly haunted online sites because of the remoteness of my location. Auction sites do not break out first generation script Geneves, requiring much searching through later models in order to see few early ones. Must have been a comparitively low production line of Omega watches.

It's also difficult to scare up comprehensive data on the early Geneve models online. That leaves good ol' Omega Forums and this thread in particular for those seeking early script Geneve information and lore.

It's not a bad thing to have to come into this thread for inspiration. There's much misinformation elsewhere, frequently lumping these Geneves in with later '60s Geneve models and describing the entire lot as "a cheap line of Omega watch." That seems unworthy of either early or late Omega Geneve watch models.

Would love to read a weighty reference on just these Geneve models and their variants.

How does one best describe these Geneve models? 1950s/early 1960s models? First generation? Script (some use cursive) models? Is there a way to tighten a search without losing out on seeing the "righf" Gsneve models one is seeking?
The first generation were referenced 2748 (36mm) & 2754 (34mm) around 1952-54 approx, there were several other models released shortly after around 1957 they made the 2903 (34mm) & 2904 (36mm) and then later still in around 1959 they made the first automatic Geneves under references such as 14702 . Searching the references may give you specific information to each model rather than the line in general.
Edited:

The first generation were referenced 2748 (34mm) & 2754 (36mm)

I think you accidentally mixed up the numbers there, 2748 is the large one - I think you’ve just sold a very lovely example! 😀

I think you accidentally mixed up the numbers there, 2748 is the large one. 😀
Hahaha honest mistake! I even said it right in my head before writing that - I’ll amend. Thank you

Another addition to the collection, a jumbo 2748 ref cursive Geneve with a two tone waffle dial and pink/rose gold accents. I like how the patina pairs with the accents

765732F4-FC88-4FD6-9094-242056BE6DA7.jpeg

Another addition to the collection, a jumbo 2748 ref cursive Geneve with a two tone waffle dial and pink/rose gold accents. I like how the patina pairs with the accents

765732F4-FC88-4FD6-9094-242056BE6DA7.jpeg
Beauty! This pic really shows it off nicely

How does one best describe these Geneve models? 1950s/early 1960s models? First generation? Script (some use cursive) models? Is there a way to tighten a search without losing out on seeing the "righf" Gsneve models one is seeking?
There is definitely a difference in the quality and desirability of the earlier and later models. The earlier models, pre ~1967 were actually made in Geneva so that gives you a definition rather than first gen or second gen since there were so many iterations of both groups. I doubt there is a good way to search eBay etc

Just home from being serviced, my Genéve 2903 in 18K from ~1958, running great and looking swell with a new pair of shoes:

IMG_6900.jpg

Can anyone share what the six-digits stamped above the reference number on the case back represent? I was able to track down from the Swiss Poinçons de Maître that the case maker was Charles Dubois & Cie ("hammer head-170" marking) and the 2903 is clearly the reference, but I was stumped by the six numbers stamped above?

Geneve_2903_CasebackDetail.png

Thanks and happy Monday ΩF!
Edited:

I love the old Geneves. Such classy watches. And they are a bitch to find in good original condition now. Here’s my 1959 reference 2903 manual wind with a stainless steel case and rose gold dial furniture. Fully original. Still looking for a solid gold example in similar condition.
911092F6-3EE4-48DB-992C-28BD72752ACA.jpeg

I love the old Geneves. Such classy watches. And they are a bitch to find in good original condition now. Here’s my 1959 reference 2903 manual wind with a stainless steel case and rose gold dial furniture. Fully original. Still looking for a solid gold example in similar condition.
Well said, I couldn't agree more! So crisp and shiny! You have a lovely example 🥰 !!

Its the case serial#
But presumably not in the sense of an Omega case serial separate to the movement number, those were AFAIK seen up until the late 1940s and were usually in the 7-8 digit region. Is that 6 digit number not more likely to be a number relevant to the external case maker (Charles Dubois?) rather than Omega themselves.

911092F6-3EE4-48DB-992C-28BD72752ACA.jpeg
I might consider selling one of my Solid gold Geneve's.