Forums Latest Members
  1. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Sep 26, 2015

Does anybody know the diameter or diameters of this watch will be?

The previous series was 36mm, 39mm, 42mm, and like 45mm. I really liked them having a 36mm, but I fear their new movement wouldn't fit in such a "small" case. :(

Edited Sep 26, 2015
  2. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Sep 26, 2015

That is not a real watch :p, but maybe next year? I believe Monochrome just photoshopped that into existence, but it's probably close to what it will actually look like. Unfortunately, when it does come out, it'll most likely be either 41 or 42mm seeing as how the 2915 and 2913 re-editions are both in that range.

3. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Sep 26, 2015

UG.

I thought I remember reading it was revealed at Baselworld 2015. Guess not. :(

4. DIV Apr 15, 2016

I WAS anxiously awaiting the re-re-issue of the Railmaster at Baselworld 2016 and I'm quite bummed that it was not released yet again...maybe next year?
    I love the retro looks of the SM300MC, but it's just too thick for my taste.

5. abrod520 Apr 15, 2016

Well, next year's the 50th anniversary of the Speedmaster, Seamaster 300 and Railmaster, so we'll see. I dunno if they'll try again with the Railmaster as they did that a couple years ago, though.

6. DIV Apr 15, 2016

Fingers crossed!

rhj likes this.
  7. RARJ Apr 15, 2016

I was under the impression 2007 was the 50th anniversary for the Speedy, Seamaster, and Railmaster? I in fact have the 50th anniversary limited edition Railmaster XXL in rose gold as well as in stainless steel - have I been duped?. Would they commemorate a 60th anniversary? Either way, great looking watches over the years and variations.

8. abrod520 Apr 15, 2016

Sorry yes, you're right! Dumb mistake on my part :oops:

With all the renewed interest in Speedmasters at the very least, I'd expect them to do something with that. The Railmaster is starting to go up in value, but still isn't one of the more celebrated watches in the larger vintage community so who knows.

9. nickw Apr 16, 2016

Zombie thread! Unfortunately I don't think the railmaster ATs sold really well. I'd guess from a marketing perspective trains just aren't very sexy these days and anti-magnetic focus is coming in across the board. :(

10. keepitsimple Apr 18, 2016

I've always like the reissued Railmaster (have one) partly because it's so simply functional and easy to read, but mainly because of the lack of a date function, which ironically may have been the reason it didn't sell :unsure:.

Have a lot of watches, so normally only wear them for a day or so. Having to reset the date is a nuisance, especially if it lacks a quick-set..

I've also got the current master AT as the closest current model, but the date change on it is a royal pain. I don't cross time zones often enough to make the hour adjustment a worthwhile substitute. Love everything else about it apart from the bracelet, but that's packed away somewhere and it now looks much better on a nice dark brown alligator anyway, IMO. Near the top of the list of my modern watches though, together with the Explorer I - also no date :).

For me it's a good job they haven't yet come up with a new Railmaster, as I'd be forced to spend even more money....

11. trama Apr 18, 2016

@keepitsimple:
    Pics please! This thread is begging for pics. Anyways, before I forget, post some pics!
    :whistling:

Longbow likes this.
  12. DIV Apr 18, 2016

Keepitsimple--nice perspective. Hey, why not post a pic of your AT.
    By the way, this is the Monochrome rendering of the <hopeful> reissue of the Railmaster:
    [​IMG]
    The straight lugs, the color contrast of the pseudo-patina lume and the broad arrow hour hand....I'm sold. If they release such a watch, it would be my first new watch purchase in a very, very long time!

Edited Apr 19, 2016
    Longbow, pcdubc and trama like this.
  13. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 18, 2016

My favourite modern Omega, I'll not need another.

RMCU.jpg

DIV, rhj, jimmyjay and 5 others like this.
  14. DIV Apr 18, 2016

It is a great watch. I've had 2: a 39mm and the 36..couldn't decide which suited me better and ended up selling both. If only it came with the broad hand on the hour hand I would be get the 39 again.

15. keepitsimple Apr 19, 2016

I'm away from home for the next few days. My phone and tablet cameras aren't that good for close detail, but I have a USB microscope/camera on order, so I'll take some test piccies with that when it arrives.

16. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Apr 19, 2016

I'll take one with a lollipop second hand please

17. DIV Apr 21, 2016

Well, I blame you, JimInOz...I just picked up a 39mm Railmaster!

JimInOz and ahartfie like this.
  18. Hoopsontoast May 16, 2016

Registered to say that, in 36mm-38mm would be my perfect watch!

19. leetse2 May 17, 2016

I'd be hard pressed not to get a reissue if it came out in the 36-38mm range. I currently have the 36mm reissue but would love the antimagnetic benefits of the Master Chronometer movement. However, modern Omegas are way too thick, my hope is that they start slimming down their movements. Either way, this would be another killer reissue from Omega.

20. relaxer7 May 17, 2016

I've been looking at these also - a nice bit of kit in my opinion