The NEW OMEGA Museum

Cheers, Al

That watch is Spec-ta-cu-lar!

Not in the same category but I do like the Germans. Here is my original original. I figure it will get me in the door to the museum.

Seems the situation has been reversed, it's about 1/3rd old, 2/3rds new now (maybe not that drastic, but there is a lot more Hayek-forward content than pre-Hayek).

Don't let me spoil it for you! My opinions/observations are my own (and I'm a grumpy git). There are quite a few watches there, but you could really feel the visual emphasis was on the newer/now, outside of the Moon watches. You may have a different impression than I. As @kov has said, I am sure Covid has not helped...

I've been to MIH in La-Chaux-de-Fonds twice, it's rather good, goes back further in time (haha) than Patek Philippe's museum in Geneva (it has Egyptian water clocks, a ton of older clocks from buildings and concentrates more on the art/technique of older watches and clocks). Were I to rate the museums I've been to in Switzerland;

1. Patek Philippe Museum, Geneva
2. MIH in La-Chaux-de-Fonds
3. Espace Horloger in Le Sentier
4. Omega Museum in Bienne

I have yet to visit the other watch museums in Bienne, Le Locle, Zürich and Schaffhausen, so the list is incomplete.
Actually my comment on the museum having only "old stuff" was for Patek in Geneva when I went there in 2012 (and not 2009 as I thought in previous message after checking) and I'd been disappointing at struggling to find anything made after 1965 and that was in a small corner display. I take it this has now changed ?

Actually my comment on the museum having only "old stuff" was for Patek in Geneva when I went there in 2012 (and not 2009 as I thought in previous message after checking) and I'd been disappointing at struggling to find anything made after 1965 and that was in a small corner display. I take it this has now changed ?

No, the Patek Philippe museum is pretty much the same, last time I was there was last year, it had not changed since my previous visit in 2017.

Might have already mentioned this, but the Longines museum in St-Imier is just 20 kilometers away

Ok well I won't have to go back then! Omega may have "jazzed up" their museum a
No, the Patek Philippe museum is pretty much the same, last time I was there was last year, it had not changed since my previous visit in 2017.
Thanks for confirming, won't be going back then...
Here's the only picture I have of the inside, I suppose pictures are not allowed ? Must be an iPhone picture...These are some Beta 21, Quartz watches and the Nautilus. The only sighting of the Nautilus at the time...

musee-patek-electonique.jpg

Omega museum Seamaster diving section & displays...
Upon request, some photos of the Omega Seamaster corner in the renewed Omega museum in Bienne - Switzerland.
So far we know the Omega Seamaster diving toolwatch was space-flown on Shuttle Discovery STS-124 (Mark Kelly in May 2008) and Soyuz MS-09 (Serena Aunon-Chancellor in June 2018) !
BTW... Does anyone know if this is an older version of the well-known Kirby Morgan diving helmet or some other helmet make ?

Bienne Helvetia
6:14 Royal Navy Officer's service dress, rank of Commander, still has the miniature medal ribbons way up to high on the lefthand shoulder 😁

B
Bienne Helvetia
6:14 Royal Navy Officer's service dress, rank of Commander, still has the miniature medal ribbons way up to high on the lefthand shoulder 😁

Brilliant, thanks for posting.

Finally got to watch this, well done ! It seems they've beefed up the "Bond section" since I went there in the summer of 2020. Also it's nice to see that some interactive experiences, like the timer, that were "suspended" during Covid are back in action.