Forums Latest Members

The nefarious Omega flat-link bracelet creator...

1. M'Bob Mar 28, 2020

Breaking news from Switzerland, where a hospice nurse at the ErndaVernda Institute, relayed this death-bed confession from Hans Larsson, creator of the Omega flat-link bracelet:

"Years ago, whilst working on the flat-link bracelet design, I saw early-on that the big three, the Speedmaster, Seamaster and Railmaster were such well designed and robust timepieces that they would become enduring collectibles and eventually, highly sought after and valued.

When my superiors questioned me about why I decided to make the end-pieces free from the bracelet, which would inevitably cause them to become easily lost, I countered with a disingenuous response that they would be easier to adjust and clean, and therefore was adamant that it had to be designed that way.

The sad truth, which I now wholeheartedly regret, is that I did it to satisfy my own ego: I wanted future collectors to be madly canvassing the world in search of my number 6 end-pieces, in the face of a disproportionate amount of relatively easily found bracelets.

So, to those now sitting with my bracelets, without the corresponding end-pieces, I beg your forgiveness..."

Contrition from an immensely talented, yet flawed individual.

kov, Vitezi, Lucasssssss and 3 others like this.
  2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 28, 2020

Did he mention anything about the even more rare loose bracelets designed for the fabled #4 and #8 endlinks? Those must be ::love::::love::::love::

Lucasssssss and M'Bob like this.
  3. lindo Mar 28, 2020

Has April 1st come early?

wagudc and connieseamaster like this.