Forums Latest Members

The NAUTOSCAPH Diver’s Watches - Accidental discovery.

1. omegastar Feb 3, 2022

Two days ago, I went to my watchmakerwas to recover a watch. As I was hanging out looking at potential purchases, after some discussions, I selected three watches for a nice price. Among them, was this sturdy diver’s watch made by Vilong. My WM told me, trying to tempt me : « It’s serviced and it is a real diver’s watch with screw down crown and waterproof to 500 m. » I wasn’t in love but you know temptation is always there…
    So to cut a long story short, I am the proud owner of a Nautoscaph diver’s watch.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

With Richard Dreyfuss’s style Expando bracelet.

image.jpg image.jpg

Much to my surprise, this watch is a cousin of the « famous Alsta Nautoscaph », famous because it was used in Jaws and worn by Richard Dreyfuss. There is even a re-edition of the watch !
    https://www.alstawatch.com/watches/alsta-nautoscaph-superautomatic/
    As I have discovered, there are two generations. The first with hesalite crystal and waterproof to 999 ft and a second generation with mineral crystal and waterproof to 500 m.
    Alsta was sold in the US and in elsewhere the same watch was branded Iaxa, Vilong, Titus, Felser, Wakmann and Kedive.
    I had never heard of these Nautoscaph.
    Mounir

Dsloan, Zapatta, cleck and 5 others like this.
  2. redpcar Feb 3, 2022

shhhhhh
    upload_2022-2-3_7-40-57.png

;)

omegastar and JwRosenthal like this.
  3. cleck Nov 25, 2023

Love this. I collect these but have never seen this version. If you ever decide to part with I would be very interested .

Enjoy!

4. omegastar Nov 26, 2023

It’s gone to the US a year ago ! Sorry.