Forums Latest Members

The most amazing clock on the market?!

1. Mitka Mar 23, 2018

From The pretty much unknown clockmaker George De-Fossard's.. The Solar time clock can be set to display its solar information for almost any given longitude and latitude on the inhabitable parts of our planet:eek:...
    I think this clock deserves a little more publicity than it currently has! please watch like and share their new promotional video::popcorn::

Solar 2.jpg
    I have been lucky enough to see the up close clock and meet the maker in person:D George is the most humble and nice guy! At only £175K it must be a steal?:taunt:

Edited Mar 23, 2018
  2. bonerp Mar 23, 2018

A day at Greenwich is an interesting experience if big tickers are your thing.

3. ulackfocus Mar 23, 2018

Norelco makes electric razors that look just like that clock!

kkt, Deafboy, Larry S and 1 other person like this.
  4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 23, 2018

I have to say the clock might be great, but the video never stops moving/cutting long enough to get a good look at anything. I understand many people have the attention span of a gnat these days, but if you are trying to showcase your product, then actually showing it is a good idea.

Excuse me I have to go yell at some kids that are on my lawn...

Cheers, Al

5. Waltesefalcon Mar 23, 2018

Cool concept but stupid commercial, all I gathered from that commercial is that it is shiny enough to reflect a fire, is shaped like a Norelco electric razor and is filled with gears and a pendulum. I'm curious as to how the complication works.

6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 23, 2018

Is this a clock or a sex toy?

Deafboy and propervinyl like this.
  7. timjohn Mar 23, 2018

Given the strangeness of many of the members here, for some I suspect it’s both....:D

Larry S and Mitka like this.
  8. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Mar 23, 2018

Cool clock. I like pendulum clocks though I'm more interested in high accuracy than lots of complications.

This reminds of a clock I saw in jewelry store in Zürich. It has a crazy number of complications —one of them does a single rotation corresponding to the precessional cycle: 25 794 years!
    Here's a video and information.

[​IMG]

Waltesefalcon and Mitka like this.
  9. AnotherDon Mar 23, 2018

Do you also own a Gran Torino?

;)

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 23, 2018

A Ford?!?! Not a chance! ;)

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  11. ulackfocus Mar 23, 2018

Fix Or Repair Daily
    Found On Roadside Dead

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 23, 2018

Friggin' Old Rebuilt Dodge...

Waltesefalcon and ulackfocus like this.
  13. Mitka Jan 5, 2019

P1130598.JPG
    This it's the nicest thing that's ever been in my workshop. It's new moon tonight and you can see it on the spherical moonphase, that happens to be accurate to a fraction of a second every month. Super cool! The more I look at it the more I love it. It can only be fully appreciated in person. As many people will do as it's hopefully going to be on displayed at Museum of science in February.

I put it up here so to appreciate the independent individuals that do amazing things;)

George hand made over 750 parts to superb finish and he is the most down to earth guy around and he would even sell you spares to any of his clocks! When was a flashy promo video ever a problem? Considering their marketing budget is close to zero it's awesome:thumbsup: Go to their page for good quality photos and read about the complications: http://www.defossard.co.uk/

Shabbaz likes this.