Forums Latest Members

The Missing Link - Omega 1475/1410 (Polaris/Titane)

1. tyrantlizardrex Feb 5, 2015

Hi All,

I received today a 196.00257 with a 1475/448 bracelet fitted - I was planning to take a couple of links out of another Titane that I have, but have come home to discover that the links are different.

On the watch I received today, they have a pin on one side of the links only, on the one I already had (which I think is a later version and has Titane on the face) the pin goes through both sides.

From what I can work out on Otto Frie, they both use the same links (http://www.ofrei.com/page1283.html) and one band superseded the others... but I'm not 100% sure.

Is there anyone here that can shed some light?

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 5, 2015

I checked the Omega Extranet for you, and indeed the 1475 is the replacement for the discontinued 1410. It's quite possible/probable that the parts from both bracelets are not interchangeable.

Now no parts are shown for the 1410448, but links are shown as available for the 1410058, and the part number for the spare link is 114TI1410. I'm not sure if the only difference is the end link, so if it is, these should work in the 1410. If you need 1475 links, the number for those is 114TI1475.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Al

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  3. tyrantlizardrex Feb 5, 2015

Thanks Al that's hugely helpful.

It looks like the links with pins through both ends should work if they're added closest to the clasp... It might be time to buy some tools and very carefully try swapping some links!

Can you recommend some proper tools? :)

Cheers

Chris

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 5, 2015

Heading out shortly, but I'll give you some information on tools tomorrow. I was just working on a bracelet today (changing clasp, installing 1/2 link, replacing worn pins) so I took some photos of that and need to get them off the camera and then I'll post.

Cheers, Al

5. tyrantlizardrex Feb 6, 2015

Thanks Al! :)

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 6, 2015

I don't use any fancy tools for removing pins and sleeves. This is what I did yesterday - replacing worn pins and sleeves, swapping a full link for a new 1/2 link, and replacing the entire clasp:

[​IMG]

You can see the tools I use - small hammer, a bracelet vise, an assortment of different sized pins, and a handle for those pins. The vice is from Citizen and works great, and the pins and handle are Bergeon brand.

You simply install the correct diameter pin in the handle, clamp the bracelet in the vice, and use the hammer to tap the bracelet pins in or out. For me this gives me more feel over what is happening as I am removing or installing a pressed pin, so I prefer it to some screw style device. The vice is needed because when you are putting the pins back in, keeping everything aligned properly is not always easy. On the bracelet shown it's not particularly difficult, but with say one from a 25318000, there are so many small parts in each link that must be lined up, it helps to have the vice.

Just take is easy and don't force anything too hard...

[​IMG]

Cheers, Al