Forums Latest Members
  1. MPWATCH Watch Lover Jul 28, 2018

Good Morning OF,

My name is Thomas! I was reminiscing on my favorite finds & wanted to share one in particular.

The goal of this thread is to spark the stories that allowed you to own a rare & fine timepiece due to dumb LUCK! Now my story is less about ownership & more about being truthful to a prospect consignor who was desperate for funds.

At the time, I was employee by a very small auction house. I had a love for watches & was buying/selling as much as possible while brining higher end items through the auction that were not affordable. I was at a small town grocery store searching for lunch in the pre-packaged lunch aisle. A gentleman beside me was sporting a steel chronograph on a steel flex band from the 70s. *The wheels start turning*. It's so funny to think...but I aged the watch based on the flex band ::facepalm1::::facepalm1::::facepalm1::

I proceeded to introduce myself & get a card in hand.

A few weeks later I receive a call from the man I had met in the grocery store. He wanted more information on his watch & wanted to see if I had any interest in putting it into auction.

On June 16, 2016 I had landed my first IMPORTANT wrist watch.... a Zenith A386 - The watch ended up selling at auction for $10,000 at the time - The buyer turned into a life long friend & associate & the owner shed tears when I gave him the news - I love watches & I sincerely LOVE the game

Please share a cinderella story ::book::

Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 10.32.58 AM.png
    Edited Jul 28, 2018
    Darlinboy and Mods like this.
  2. ulackfocus Jul 28, 2018

I was driving down Street Road in Bensalem PA and an Omega Centenary fell off the back of a truck and landed right in my passenger's seat. Bada bing, bada BOOM!

heavenscloud and FiveInchWrists like this.
  3. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jul 28, 2018

That one had my name on it Dennis.

ulackfocus likes this.
  4. auxpomme Jul 28, 2018

I’m still waiting to find my 321 Chrono Cinderella