Forums Latest Members

The love hate of the 15202ST <2012

1. smitty190373 Jul 28, 2019

This is a watch I love, but I don't love the astronomical prices they have reached.

There seems to be no let up in the last 3 years, in which they have more than doubled. I've been watching Royal Oaks, especially the 15202ST from the sidelines, and now wish I jumped on board (obviously). I'm struggling to stomach paying todays asking prices, but also fear they will continue to climb! I'm not looking to buy to sell/flip/profit.... it's a watch I would keep forever.

I'm trying to convince myself that the (i.m.o) perfect design of the 'jumbo' means I won't lose my shirt if I decide to go for it around these current levels.

Any thoughts on where these could go taking into account the current climate? I'm praying for a drop, but can quite easily see them continuing to rise....

especially when I look at them...

Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 20.10.38.png

Cheers.

2. chunkythebulldog Jul 28, 2019

With it being boutique only and AP moving more that way by the day I can’t see them dropping in price. Still a long way behind the 5711 price frenzy.

3. smitty190373 Jul 28, 2019

Yep I agree.

Do you have any idea of the current lead time, or even if you can get your name down for one? If it's anything like the 5711 there's no point, that was around 9 years the last time I enquired!

4. chunkythebulldog Jul 29, 2019

I've no idea, best bet is start with the AP boutique in London and see what they say but if I were to hazard a guess I'd say the "list" is closed.

smitty190373 likes this.
  5. Yelfel Aug 2, 2019

I really wish I had pulled the trigger on the 15202 a couple years ago. I agree, I just don't see the price of these dropping a significant amount anytime soon. Unless, there's a larger economic reason (recessionary) that causes price levels to drop across the board for luxury goods. Even then, I think the 15202 is as blue chip as they come.

6. kokose7en Aug 3, 2019

I feel you, I love this watch too. I’m afraid the prices will stay at this market and keep going higher. There is this little hope I have that maybe the prices will cool down maybe 10-20%. But knowing that the few that own a 15202ST, know well what they can go for. I doubt that they would sell it then less then I would like it. Today, $35-$40k for a Jumbo is high. But remember, it is ok to pay tomorrows prices if it is worth it!