Forums Latest Members

The Last Moonwatch... And I Got It!

1. heartdoctor Sep 22, 2014

Hello to all! I just got the "Last Moonwatch" yesterday! Well, before you all react, let me make that clear...

According to my AD, I nabbed the LAST Omega Speedmaster Professional Ref. 3570.50 as all their next orders are the new (more expensive) Ref.311.30.42.30.01.005 (oh boy, that reference is hard to remember!)

Well, to make the long story short, let me share a few pics of my unboxing! Please indulge me...I'm sure you've seen so many of these online...

I love the red Omega box it came with, I heard some members saying this box brittles easily... But it's fine with me... Coz im planning to have this watch for keeps!

[​IMG]

Being my first "luxury watch" purchase, this will most likely be treasured and handed down to my children in the future!

[​IMG]

I really love how the dial looks so clear with the Hesalite crystal, and how the hesalite bends light and other colors on different angles! I sure do hope it doesn't scratch as easily as I've read. In the one day I've used it, I've already been extra cautious...

[​IMG]

My wife was a big influence on this purchase as she was very supportive and encouraging. She would come down with me to our AD and was giving me horological terms as well as the history of the Moonwatch! Talk about a WIS Wife at that! :)

[​IMG]

I love the slim profile and the sexy lugs as well as the interplay of the brushed and polished surfaces! Omega really did great on this! Can't wait to try lots of straps on!

[​IMG]

I haven't stopped staring at this beautiful watch all day!

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading!!! Bye for now, gotta keep staring at my Moonwatch! ;-)

bb58, sarir97, maxtor71 and 24 others like this.
  2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 22, 2014

Congrats on a great piece!!

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 22, 2014

Yes you will need to get some practice in for the first month or so. Start with a slow (not too fast) head roll and tilt to the left, then roll you wrist down and part way to the right, pause, then 90' to your eyes, then pause again. You can then rotate your elbow slowly up and down.
    You'll be a pro in no time :thumbsup:

4. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Sep 22, 2014

Congratulations on a great choice.
    Personally, I like the look down, see my moonwatch then have a little smile and then go back to whatever I was doing. And the nice warm and fuzzy feeling you get when you wind it up of a morning.
    Oh, and you can by some polywatch to get rid of any little scratches on the dial, another pleasant little job when you are in the right mood!
    Enjoy it

heartdoctor likes this.
  5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 22, 2014

You mean on the cystal right?;) Dont ever touch the dial......

bb58 likes this.
  6. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Sep 22, 2014

laughs, yeah I'm fairly sure I meant the crystal

7. repoman Sep 22, 2014

Congrats and welcome. You never forget your first Moonwatch.

Taddyangle and heartdoctor like this.
  8. DJP Sep 22, 2014

Looks superb. I'm trying to decide on a preloved one of these or a new Racing Speedy. Most seem to be advising me towards the Moonwatch as it's timeless, and I'm tending to agree..

heartdoctor likes this.
  9. Mothra Sep 22, 2014

The moonwatch thing is weird. Its taking way more time on my wrist rotation than I expected. When I look in my watch box my hand just reaches for it. Then when I'm wearing it I just stare. It doesn't trigger watch lust like some of my vintage Connie, but I just... like wearing it. Way more than I should.

heartdoctor likes this.
  10. msp1518 Sep 22, 2014

Good grief these look better every time I see them.

BenH88 and heartdoctor like this.
  11. Lastatic Sep 22, 2014

good purchase!

heartdoctor likes this.
  12. Sperandeo Sep 22, 2014

Congrats

heartdoctor likes this.
  13. heartdoctor Sep 22, 2014

Thanks for everything guys! Browsing through this forum really helped me make this decision! And I'm sure I won't regret it at all... Second day today, still can't stop staring at my wrist...

14. arguetaoscar Sep 22, 2014

Classic time piece! Enjoy your watch and thank you for sharing the nice pictures.

heartdoctor likes this.
  15. pixels_poet Sep 22, 2014

Congrats! I've done the same thing and the same thought as yours.

This could have been my post!

[​IMG]

16. jeffgo888 Sep 24, 2014

Congratulations! !!..and what the heck..last piece? ?? But ...but...I also got.mine today...???....so we both have the last 2 pieces. ..hahahaha....ny AD told me he kept my piece in the vault....and I told him NOT to remove it from the shrink wrap or there will be hell to pay. ..soooo...lolol

heartdoctor likes this.
  17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 24, 2014

I'm sure there are still some in supply channels floating around that'll turn up over the next year or so

18. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 24, 2014

BoooooooooYaaaaaaaah!!!!!

Great watch, you have a classic.

Don't worry to much about the Hesalite crystal. Small scratches are easily polished out.

Just wear it and enjoy it and if you intend to do any welding, rock climbing, mud wrestling or downhill mountain biking, use a Rolex.

:D

heartdoctor likes this.
  19. shakin_jake Sep 24, 2014

I've heard our good friend Archie Luxury, refer to the Moonwatch, as a 'decent' wristwatch, and not a luxury wristwatch...thoughts anyone?...my post count is extremely low and I need to get er up there<LOL>

BTW, I'm a recent buyer of this exact same watch (July 15 2014), and not a hater...I just wanted to throw Archie's reference of the moonwatch *not* being a luxury watch, out here, on this forum, if for no better reason than to strike up a conversation about Archie's thoughts, and, I'm bringing them up in the heart doc's thread, only because of heart doc's reference of it (the moonwatch), being a luxury watch

Jake posing w/said watch-

[​IMG]

BTW, I love wearing mine (moonwatch) daily...mechanical art, not to be missed, and has been keeping damn good time, perfect time, almost. Omega fan here for life

BTW2, I purchased my Speedy Pro new through Kiril...total gentleman and the experience sourcing this watch through him, was a pleasure through and through

davidswiss, Mothra and heartdoctor like this.
  20. shakin_jake Sep 24, 2014

While I'm throwing your quotes up here heart doc...in your original post, in this thread, you said-

I felt, before buying this watch, that I would wear NATO, and or ZULU bands with it, yet once I received this watch, I rather fancy the metal band it came with...

Yeah so, in front of this watch's arrival, I purchased a spring bar tool, and yet another ZULU band (olive drab thank you:), and I'd really like to put this timepiece on the ZULU, if for not better reason than to see how it looks....but I'm having 2nd thoughts, not wanting to scratch this beauty, in any way

I'm inviting others here to jump in, give their thoughts on how easy it is to use the spring bar tool, and how it wont 'muck up' in anyway, the underside of my moonwatch...yeah? I've never used a spring bar tool, and scratching me Omega...I don't want to go there. Am I worrying over nothing, or can I commit grave and irreversible damage, to this fabulous timepiece? ::facepalm1::

heartdoctor likes this.