The January 2024 Fratello × REM Strap — Racing Dial

Fratello-x-REM-January-2024-Edition-With-Watermark-14.jpg

After a full year of Fratello × REM Speedmaster straps, we decided to continue this collaboration in 2024. Along the way, we gained more ideas and inspiration for future strap designs. We’re thankful to all of you who have ordered one of these straps (some of you simply ordered every one of them), and we […]

Visit The January 2024 Fratello × REM Strap — Racing Dial to read the full article.

I think if you like the watch, the strap is a nicely rendered addition.

I've bought a couple of the Fratello REM straps for other Speedmasters. And I have a Japan Racing Special dial, but this REM strap doesn't do anything for me. That's ok, you can't have a winner everytime.

It’s is indeed 2024 and they really should by now come fitted with quick release bars. It can only enhance the appeal surely. There not mega money for a quality leather strap but in the same vein they ain’t cheap.

One thing I find both interesting and challenging about the Japan Racing is that a lot of photos emphasise the tones of dark red, white, and a charcoal dial face (e.g. most of the photos in this article). In the meantime, I look at mine in real life and see orange, more orange, and lighter greys.

I've tried a number of straps with this watch and have ended up going off darker colours like black, it seems to clash with those light tones of the dial and emphasise the bezel. These days it's light straps (like this tan one) all the way.

1431032-6a4909ad7a7cb3ad53c6511edfd4fea8.jpg

Like 1