Forums Latest Members

The "I'm suprised this hasn't sold" thread.

1. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Nov 4, 2018

Either a bargain or just a beautiful example at a very reasonable price, I'm sure we all see watches either on ebay or elsewhere where we're really suprised to see them hanging around our keep being relisted without a buyer.

Thought could be interesting to post some of them up in a single thread.

Here's my first contribution(I have no affiliation with the seller BTW). This one had been relisted and relisted, never drops in price but I think it's the best example I've ever seen. More desirable strapper case, appears near perfect bezel, barely a mark anywhere and nice sharp edges. Yet I've seen far worse examples sell for the same money.

A few of the sellers pics....

8.JPG 6.JPG 15.JPG 12.JPG 11.JPG

Price is $950 out around £730, I paid that for mine by the time I added the bracelet but I can only wish it was this condition. Seems to me a great price for a near NOS strapper cased SMF300.

ERBM, sah, qboa and 14 others like this.
  2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 4, 2018

I like the idea of this thread

3. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 4, 2018

I was going to be sniffy and comment that the reason that SMf300 hasn't sold is because the price was unrealistic, rather like a couple of hummers on our very own sales corner at present but then I saw the price. That is remarkably cheap for such an excellent example. The resin bezels on these always show signs of wear and deterioration, that one not so much. I sold a more lived in one a few years ago for similar or perhaps even more and as we all know, condition can raise prices exponentially. It is also the slightly more desirable version without the integrated bracelet which allows fitment of straps etc, mine was the integrated one. Yep you got me, that is too cheap not to sell.

For anyone not familiar with this model this page gives an insight:

http://www.deskdivers.com/Site/SMf300.html

Edited Nov 4, 2018
    sdre, omegaswisst, Tet and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Nov 4, 2018

Cheers Spacefruit, I hope it takes off as I see these things now and again and for sure most others do too. Maybe not bargains as such but worthy of some discussion.

Thanks Padders, you're certainly very experienced when it comes to F300's. Watched the bidding on this one a little while back, good but not as good condition and without bracelet, sold for £861.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/292698331139

murph likes this.
  5. kingscourt15jwls Nov 4, 2018

A goldmine for newbies! Can't say no to this:)

6. shishy www.hpmor.com Nov 4, 2018

7. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 4, 2018

Can you post a pic? That link only works if you are registered and many of us aren't.

8. shishy www.hpmor.com Nov 4, 2018

Sorry, forgot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tet, TexOmega, 89-0 and 3 others like this.
  9. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Nov 4, 2018

That Lemania is a beauty, I'm not too clued up on pricesc of those as I know they're all well out of my price range. Certainly familiar with the seller though, well respected over there.

10. shishy www.hpmor.com Nov 4, 2018

Let's see -- I think a few months ago they were in the $6.5-$7.5K USD range depending on seller/condition.
    There was one just yesterday that sold at the WoK auction for a £3,500 hammer, so with 24% fees -- £4,340 which is roughly $5,600 USD.

To give you a ballpark

Tet likes this.
  11. ICONO Nov 4, 2018

Quite bizarre propping, of the watch in these images…Positively surreal

Custard ????

I must remember to use a ‘Spotted Dick’, as a prop, in my next Speedmaster image

( For our Transatlantic, and European cousins…a ‘Spotted Dick’…is an English Desert…seriously ! )

12. shishy www.hpmor.com Nov 4, 2018

The custard is a running joke that I don't think I can even begin to explain

Syrte likes this.
  13. got to many Nov 4, 2018

Wow the lemania that much got 5 with 2 register

14. ICONO Nov 4, 2018

‘Running jokes’ are always wise to employ, when trying to sell a significantly priced watch…

Always reassures the Buyer…

DaveK and shishy like this.
  15. Gefa Nov 4, 2018

... cool idea to open a thread for these watches... I expect to learn a lot and read the thoughts of the experts why they are not sold... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

16. got to many Nov 4, 2018

Can someone educated tell me if there were issues please to elite in ww2 on the lemania

17. shishy www.hpmor.com Nov 4, 2018

I hope I have understood your question correctly. If not, please let me know.

The specific Lemania I linked above was issued in 1975 to fleet air arm pilots in the royal navy.

In the WW2 period, Lemania made the Majeteks (that were issued to the Czech Airforce -- these Majeteks were also supplied by Eterna and Longines). If memory serves, these were issued in the 1930s through mid 1940s.

[​IMG]

Then there's the Lemania from the Dirty Dozen set -- commissioned by the British Ministry of Defense during World War 2

[​IMG]

GuiltyBoomerang and sdre like this.
  18. got to many Nov 4, 2018

I thought the vertex was the dirty dozen? Watch

19. shishy www.hpmor.com Nov 4, 2018

There were 12 in the dirty dozen! Check this out: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/dirty-dozen-twelve-military-watches

[​IMG]

The entire dirty dozen set sold at WoK the other day for £30,000 hammer price. But it's more fun to collect/hunt each one down. To each their own :).

DaveK likes this.
  20. got to many Nov 4, 2018