Forums Latest Members

The Grand Seiko Guy... any opinions?

1. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Mar 27, 2018

2. adi4 Mar 27, 2018

I think it's the same guy, Gerald, that ran (still runs?) the WatchDXB blog. I've been following him as he built up a collection of all or almost all the vintage Grand Seiko's, and photo documenting all of them. I've generally heard good things about him and he definitely knows his stuff. Never known him to deal in a shady manner, and I think this site is something relatively new for him.

Overall, his stock of GS's is quite nice and most all of them are in great condition. Your friend could probably find that particular model for a bit less with some patience and gambling on auctions, but then again you probably already know that. :)

3. keepschanging Mar 27, 2018

I bought mine from him. As far as I could tell, he was entirely honest.

Fritz likes this.
  4. keepschanging Mar 27, 2018

..And I’ve just seen the watch mentioned above. It is in outstanding condition. Price is pretty reasonable given how rare these are in that condition!

Fritz likes this.
  5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 27, 2018

Uh oh.........:whistling:::book::::facepalm1::::love::

SeanO and ewand like this.
  6. Xeer Mar 27, 2018

I can vouch for Gerald. He is a good guy, there aren't too many other GS collectors in the Western hemisphere that know more about GS than Gerald.

Edited Mar 27, 2018
    Fritz, adi4 and Larry S like this.
  7. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Mar 28, 2018

Thanks guy... I’ll pass your feedback on.

I think that Seiko is as good as sold

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 28, 2018

Hunt for awhile or pay the premium...

One seriously nice piece.

ahsposo likes this.
  9. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Mar 28, 2018

He does have some nice pieces.

Larry S likes this.
  10. gerald.d Mar 29, 2018

Hi all -

Gerald Donovan here, saying hello, and thanking those who have kindly vouched for me.

Just want to add that the idea behind the site isn't just as a shop front, but also as a resource center for anyone interested in the vintage Grand Seikos. Every single reference - whether it's ever been in stock or not - is detailed on the site.

I have invested heavily (in both time and financially) in researching the brand to understand exactly what does and does not exist, and to provide as much detail about every reference as I can. Regardless of whether or not you may be interested in buying a piece, there is no question that the site provides the most accurate and comprehensive information on the brand's vintage era, so if you are even remotely interested in vintage Grand Seiko, please do check it out!

I am always happy to engage directly with anyone regarding any questions on Grand Seiko - regardless of whether or not they have any intention to purchase a piece.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

crd, Jostein, gatorcpa and 24 others like this.
  11. ewand Mar 29, 2018

I hate this site sometimes. The WRUW thread is a clear and present danger, and best avoided, really.

And welcome, @gerald.d. Your like is most welcome in this little world, even though we're all supposed to be Omega fans :)

Foo2rama and Larry S like this.
  12. wsfarrell Mar 29, 2018

Pricing on the site is a great breath of fresh air, especially for a dealer. We see $2,000, $3,000, $4,500; not $1,999, $2,988, $4,495.

Fritz and Larry S like this.
  13. Omahaplayer Jan 4, 2023

Fraudster and scammer do not send money or trust this man. I recently got scammed the hard way.

14. rbob99 Jan 4, 2023

You need to be specific and detailed if you want to have any credibility here, particularly as a first-time poster.

15. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Jan 4, 2023

@time flies PM me and I will scam you the easy way, lol.

DomB likes this.
  16. Omahaplayer Jan 4, 2023

Hey so I made this account strictly to spread the word about this scammer. The only thread / forum where I could find people discussing his credibility. I reached out for a watch, he demanded I send him money through a direct money wire to his bank account in Thailand. I asked for him to go through a legitimate site such as chrono24, hodinkee, eBay, or even just use PayPal but he said no because he only deals with clients who trust him. I asked him to prove he was trust worthy and he sent me back that he was part of a Facebook group for grand seikos, and he had done some podcasts lately. That was it he had no testimonials and wasn't willing to do a secure transaction. This should have been the ultimate red flag for me. Also his Instagram account was taken down for breaking the community guidelines on business integrity. Please help spread the word about this scammer. I am trying my best to save others but there aren't many places to reach out to.

17. Omahaplayer Jan 4, 2023

You are a fraud and a scammer. Please do not try to buy from him without doing your research.

18. Pascal S Jan 4, 2023

So let me get this straight: you did not complete any deal with him because he wouldn't bend to your demands to do what you consider to be a secure transaction. Is that correct? And yet, you feel entitled to brand him as a "fraud" and a "scammer" without giving him the benefit of the doubt?

Unless I have misunderstood your post, I believe you are seriously out of line. Any seller is free to choose the rules under which he is willing to complete a transaction. Given these constraints, any buyer is free to abide by these terms or give up on the deal. Just because he declined to agree to your own terms doesn't necessarily make him malevolent or untrustworthy. And it certainly shouldn't expose him to libel from someone like you.

Feel free to correct my perception if it is false or incomplete, but I am genuinely shocked at your inquisition-like haste to demolish one man's reputation simply based on your perception of what should be acceptable or not.

Geezer and SC1 like this.
  19. SC1 Jan 4, 2023

This seems worthy of watching unfold.

connieseamaster and Dsloan like this.
  20. Dan S Jan 4, 2023

So far, I don't see any description of a scam.

IG account is active.
    https://www.instagram.com/thegrandseikoguy/

NT931 likes this.