Forums Latest Members
  1. Speedmasterfan88 Oct 1, 2017

Hi guys!

As I dive more and more into the watch world and most of my friends know by now that I'm becoming quite the watch nerd. So the day came that I was approached for the first time by someone to source a watch for him. I was quite honored by that and agreed to do so.
    He's and older gentleman his preferred style is a classic gold watch with a moonphase complication.

Naturally the Cosmic Moonphase was the first watch that came to mind. I showed him some pictures and he realy liked the over all design.

So now I'm on the hunt for one. And I'm trying to gather as much information as I can so I can move quickly should a good one for a good price come up for sale and buy with confidence.

Unfortunately I searched on here and apart from a few pictures and FS threads information is quite sparse.
    If some of you in the know could point me to sources to gather more info about this particular watch and what to look out (I heard that quite a lot have been redialed) that would be very much appreciated!

Also it does not have to be an Omega Cosmic. From the top of my head I remembered that there where some moonphase gold watches from Movado, Universal Geneve and Breitling. Are there any other that I've missed?
    I guess the Universal Geneve Tri-Compax with moon Phase in Gold will probably be out of reach for him financially. He gave me a ballpark of around 3-5k €.

Here are some pictures from the web, because what's a thread without pics?!

IMG_2503.PNG IMG_2504.PNG IMG_2505.PNG

Thank you very much OF!