Forums Latest Members
  1. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 4, 2014

I posted a pic of my 2998-4 in the WURW thread this morning and eluded to a story surrounding the watch. Well it is actually a story about two watches.

Some me time ago I purchased a 105.003-64 and posted on the forum and another member (can't remember who sorry) questioned as to whether the fact that the dial was "SWISS MADE" rather than "T SWISS MADE T" bothered me (very polite). I responded with the cavalier response that I had done my research and observed a number similar.

This niggled at me for a long time and I researched further over a period and one morning finally came to the conclusion that the dial however genuine vintage speedy was the incorrect one for the watch. Feeling somewhat despondent I started to research the dial for a 2998-4 that I had, which had a dial that was completely unusable for the watch. As I was researching, the correct dials started to become very familiar and when I compared the incorrect dial on the 105.003 it was in fact the correct dial for the 2998-4.

During the the watches being serviced recently I had the watch maker remove the dial from the 105.003 (after promising the 105.003 that I would find the correct dial and instal) and instal it in the 2998. I then installed a genuine service dial in the 105.003 until I can find the correct dial (any leads appreciated:))

What are the odds of this happening, I am guessing it will be easier to find a correct 105.003-64 dial than a 2998-4 dial.

Pics below:

105.003 as purchased
    image.jpg

With service dial

image.jpg

The 2998-4

image.jpg

2. quito No, my first name is NOT Mos. Apr 4, 2014

Nice 2998 4. Mine is a 6. Same hands as yours. image.jpg

Barking mad likes this.