Forums Latest Members
  1. ulackfocus Dec 4, 2013

…. in my mailbox, that is. The Silver Arrow has landed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The dial is in much better shape than the seller's pictures let on, and the caseback engraving is deeper than I expected. While it isn't in the condition I usually strive for, beggars can't be choosers. The last caliber 23ZSD powered watch I saw was a generic non-series beater with a horrible redial. They just don't pop up very often so I was compelled to buy this. Putting it in the 'win' column as it is, and I bet it cleans up nicely.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 4, 2013

Why is the date G? :\

3. ulackfocus Dec 4, 2013

Maybe because it was a Good day. :p

4. Daniel B Dec 5, 2013

Nice one, new model for me :)

Where do you guys finds these , eBay ?

5. Hijak Dec 5, 2013

Nice find Dennis, nice dial/hands on this one!:cool:

6. ulackfocus Dec 5, 2013

Thanks. This and the Sport Chief are two models that constantly get frankenfaked. While those ff's are made up of Longines parts, there was never "Silver Arrow" or "Sport Chief" on the dial - they get redialed with those names in an attempt to sell for a higher price.

Some. We have a seller or two here that specialize in vintage who are collectors themselves too. Buying from another established watch nut may not get you the super duper bestest price, but you don't get raked over the coals either and you generally know you're getting a decent correct watch.

Alpha style are my favorite too.

7. Jdalt Dec 8, 2013

Wow! Still learning about vintage Longines but after a little research learned the Silver Arrow was only made between 1955 to 1956. It seems as though it was offered in 23z and more rare 23zsd. Very good find and in great original condition!

8. ctime3 Dec 8, 2013

Nope becsuse he is an original gangster

9. ulackfocus Dec 8, 2013

Well, it was introduced around then but made into 1959.

And thanks!

10. ulackfocus Dec 8, 2013

Never been called O.G. Old School, sure.

Did you know Ice T came from New Jersey? Not exactly born in Compton - moved west when he was in 8th grade.

11. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 8, 2013

Hi Dennis

you discovered one of my favorite Longines models . Nice screwback case, classic dial with inset date display and a great 23ZSD manual wind movement..

The Silver Arrow , Silvergines and the really uncommon GOLDEN Arrows are still out there !

Good Hunting

Bill Sohne

12. ulackfocus Dec 8, 2013

Hi Bill. Great to see you here!

A non-date Golden Arrow with a 27 series caliber is on my list. Tony C. gave me a few old ads to use as reference. I'm trying to build the best Longines collection I possibly can so that would be a necessary addition one day.

13. ctime3 Dec 8, 2013

Classic I had no idea. A lot comes out of Jersey. Was there an event at the king of Prussia omega boutique with you guys?

14. ulackfocus Dec 8, 2013

Neither did I until Norm PM'ed me a cool video. It won't embed for me so here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/X_jNT3vJai0?rel=0

X350 XJR, you don't mind me posting it, do you?

Soooo many jokes to be made….. :p

Didn't get to go, nor did I attend the Panerai event at Jay Roberts. I work long hours. At least the pay stinks. ::rimshot::

15. ctime3 Dec 8, 2013

I work long long hours too. I hear ya. That video was cool. Ironic but I was most shocked with Blues Traveler. I wish I was invited to thE Omega event. A lititle education Would be great. I grew up in Cleveland. I have heard all the jokes.

16. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 8, 2013

I am pretty sure the Golden Arrow also used the 23ZS ( non date ) or a 23ZSD ( date ) same as your steel example.

I just found a pic of my Pink Golden Arrow.... pretty close to mint....

[​IMG]

and my personal preference on the Silver Arrow or Silvergines would be Steel case , and steel or white metal hands and markers , see below ...seems from casual observation most of the Silver Arrows were made Tutone... gold hands and markers...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Longines co-signed fitoflex bracelet is cool as well... a devil of a time adding links but I have done it a few times... ( I have a 8 inch wrist so its a talent that I had to acquire if I wanted to wear it on an original bracelet ).

Keep looking

Bill Sohne

Hijak likes this.
  17. ulackfocus Dec 8, 2013

Wow! ::love::

Allow me to introduce you to one of our forum quirks: DIBS!

Nice! There was a ratty Silver Arrow on eBay just after I got mine, and it had the bracelet. It went for more than I was willing to pay for a couple parts, but I'll keep my eye out for one. Thanks for the pics!

18. Hijak Dec 8, 2013

Huge Steely Dan fan, didn't know Donald Fagan was from Jersey.:thumbsup: Jersey has a lot to be proud of Musically but the Jonas Brothers and David Cassidy are not part of that.:confused:

19. ulackfocus Dec 8, 2013

Hey now, it could have been Danny Bonaduce.

20. Hijak Dec 8, 2013

No one wants to claim the Bonaduch!:(