Forums Latest Members

The exotic and colorful Mido diver: serial number project and price trends

1. subregister May 14, 2018

OF crew -
    Following up on my Zenith A386 project (http://alphahands.com/vintage-watch-research/zenith-a386-el-primero/ and still a bit in process!), I wanted to share another project I have been working on around the Mido 5907 dive watch (that wacky colorful one) regarding price trends and case numbers, as well as model details.
    I'll say at first when I saw this watch I thought it was awful. Really awful. So for those of you who think that, I get it!

Time changed my mind, I became and fan, and then managed to track one down. I knew these to be uncommon, but was really surprised to find less than 30 in my research.

This serial number project includes information for every Mido 5907 I have seen on the web, including instagram, and is categorized by serial number plus traits of the watch, including dial type, caseback, hands, bracelet, date window, etc., with the ability to search, sort and filter the information. There are so few examples of these watches, many of the pieces I found are seemingly unique configurations.

I have also created a Mido 5907 price trends chart. The data is mostly asking prices, of course, as private sale prices are unknown. You can filter the chart to select auctions only, however, which will show known sale prices from eBay and auction houses.

Thanks to the community for everyone's help in replying to detailed questions as I put together this information.

If you are willing to include Mido 5907 information you have (for your watch or others you have found) to help me as I keep building my project, please feel free to reach out. And feedback is absolutely welcome!

Still to come are sections on the manual and instruction booklet, and guarantee and information brochure.

http://alphahands.com/vintage-watch-research/mido-powerwind-ref-5907-deep-dive-timer/

Regards,
    Norm

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 9.01.57 AM.png

Edited May 15, 2018
  2. ConElPueblo May 14, 2018

These are very interesting, will follow your endeavors :thumbsup:

Oddly enough, when I became interested in these I had never seen any for sale (or at least couldn't recall seeing any) - then suddenly, three ended up on eBay nearly simultaneously! After that - none.

3. fnzeee May 14, 2018

WOW! This is fantastic reference and an enormous amount of work. Thank you for your endeavors...quite an asset to the community.

4. subregister May 17, 2018

You’re welcome, glad you like it!
    @ConElPueblo indeed odd about those on eBay...I’m hoping perhaps the sale prices will bring some more out of the woodwork ::popcorn::

Added more images, so most examples are now on the site. Still to come...booklet and brochure!