Forums Latest Members

The essential Library for a serious watch collector: Recommendations

1. Fer Seamaster May 8, 2015

Well, I have been into watches since some years ago. I am the proud owner of a 20-pieces watch collection, including both vintage and modern watches, including major brands such as Omega (of course!), UG, JLC, AP, IWC, Zenith, Breguet... but all having the same common feature: all of them have some horological meaning.

Now I think it is time to add new pieces but, apart from my personnal taste, I am finding it quite hard, specially when entering into the details of specially complex watches. As evil is in the details (and a small line in the dial, a patina of some colour or a slight difference in the bezel might increase price x10), I think having a good collection of books which include both history, movement details, dial issues, etc... of main brands can be quite useful.

So now, my question: What books do you think are essential for a serious watch collector? Of course, I would rather the cheapest ones... but I know good information is not inexpensive.

Let us read your proposals!

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 8, 2015

3. Fer Seamaster May 8, 2015

Anything on Vacheron?

And I have seen dozens of books on Rolex but... Which one should be considered "The Rolex Bible"?