Forums Latest Members

The Eagle Has Landed. Speedmaster for Ladies.

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Jul 23, 2019

[​IMG]
    50 years ago, Neil A. Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the moon for the first time. This remarkable historic moment was a giant leap not only for the culture and science but also for Omega – making the Speedmaster Professional one of the most recognisable watch in the world. Releasing limited series of the […]

Visit The Eagle Has Landed. Speedmaster for Ladies. to read the full article.

karina_boheme, kov, bdp and 1 other person like this.
  2. bdp Jul 23, 2019

Does this mean that the first woman to walk on the moon will be wearing a Speedmaster???:D
    Or at least have the chance to.

3. briarworm Jul 23, 2019

why does the article read like it was generated by a computer

4. queriver Jul 23, 2019

If you take away the pave diamond and MoP models, up to 8 of the 16 might be wearable by some men so Omega isn't restricted to just women, which is smart. I personally don't know any ladies interested in wearing a 38mm chronograph though, even if self-winding.

5. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Jul 23, 2019

I've tried on a couple of the 38mm Speedies at a local AD. There is nothing wrong about them and I quite like the indented bezel. Still wouldn't buy one though :p

queriver likes this.
  6. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Jul 23, 2019

Really like the orange hander. Not sure why it’s deemed as ladies though, I have smaller watches in my vintage collection.

queriver likes this.
  7. queriver Jul 23, 2019

Agreed, the best one, with a sporty colour scheme and a sort-of vintage look. I'd prefer it without a date window but at least having one with white numerals on a grey background would have been less intrusive.

8. karina_boheme Nov 7, 2019

You just met one. It's very nice to meet you queriver! I got Speedmaster 38 with sun-brushed grey dial and as I said it's one of the coolest watches that Omega has in its offer for ladies. The watch perfectly lies on even small wrist and suits every occasion.

Robert-Jan and queriver like this.
  9. Screwbacks Nov 7, 2019

a good excuse to gift your wife on her birthday, and get yourself a new steel 321.

Pilot85 and karina_boheme like this.
  10. queriver Nov 7, 2019

Congratulations, and welcome to OF. I agree that one is the nicest in the range and the cognac/orange leather strap completes the look perfectly. We always like wrist shots on OF. :)

11. karina_boheme Nov 7, 2019

Cheers!

B1F7C670-3FDA-43CD-9EA6-B743D3684906.JPG
    Pilot85, eugeneandresson and queriver like this.
  12. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 7, 2019

Looks like the first woman on the Moon will be a Chinese Taikonaut wearing a Fiyta chronograph (MoonwatchUniverse slides)
    MoonwatchUniverse155.jpg

13. karina_boheme Nov 7, 2019

We'll see about that ;)

SpeedyPhill and TJH like this.
  14. queriver Nov 7, 2019

Oops!!!! I was referring to the wrong one. ::facepalm2:: Anyway, this one looks great on you, esp. with black.
    Reminder to self: Never give my male opinion to a woman about which watch I like. I will never be correct.
    Reminder to self: Never give my male opinion to a woman about which watch I like. I will never be correct.