Forums Latest Members
  1. mikebny Dec 6, 2013

I was extremely fortunate to get my hands on this beauty. I really wasn't going in to the boutique to buy a watch, just to look, but i felt compelled since they had one for sale that they just got in. They said it was the only one for sale currently in the US, because all are on preorder. It was a bit above my price range. For those of you who are familiar with this watch, I'm wondering if I should sell it or is this a must keep?? Will I regret letting it go???

2. ulackfocus Dec 6, 2013

[​IMG]

Spacefruit and watchme like this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 6, 2013

I'd keep it, post some pics!

4. Buck2466 Dec 6, 2013

Funny, there's one for sale on Ebay right now from New York and the starting price is $20,000.::money::

5. mikebny Dec 6, 2013

Who am I to deny someone their dream watch? ;)

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 6, 2013

He's asking 20k, he's not going to get anywhere near that

7. Buck2466 Dec 6, 2013

I saw it earlier today and thought the same thing. ::screwloose::

8. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 7, 2013

Funny that! Is it me or is it snapped in an Omega Dealer showroom, no pics of the box, cards etc. I don't even think he has the watch and he is trying to sell it to make some quick cash.

Priced at 10k now

9. Buck2466 Dec 7, 2013

There were wrist shot pictures when I first saw the listing. Well, there goes the "never been worn" bonus for buying the watch.:D Plus, the seller has zero feedback which will scare away any potential buyers. At least it sounds as if he's came back to earth a little bit on his pricing, though.

10. Baco Noir Dec 7, 2013

Zero bids, zero feedback, same user name. from the ad...

"Actual pictures are available upon request as are serial numbers, etc. Do not hesitate to contact me directly for inquiries. The photo's provided are public, yet accurate."

Yeah, I'm jumping all over this one and sending cash in a brown paper bag. ::money:: No worries here at all!::facepalm1::

Mothra and Tritium like this.
  11. Superdoc Dec 7, 2013

Again, I am looking over my shoulder for Ashton Kutcher to jump out...

The best part about all of this ... I'm sure somewhere, at some point, the conversation went as such...

Omega boutique employee : " you could post this on eBay tomorrow and get $20,000 for it!"

Mikebny : " Sold! "

- What Mikebnyc failed to consider was the fact that anyone who wants one of these, and could afford to pay Full MSRP, has a relationship with either a boutique, or an authorized dealer... no one who really wants one is forced to pay any premium above MSRP - and the type of person who can get one will not sacrifice his relationship with his boutique by buying on Ebay..nor will they stupidly pay that much of a premium...

people with the kind of blow money to buy watches north of 15k, don't get where they are by allowing themselves to be scammed ...

anyone who cares about this model knows better...

at least change your ebay post so that its less insulting...

12. Reintitan Dec 7, 2013

Correct. I was contacted by an Omega Boutique and offered one, but either a deposit of $3600 or full payment of $12K is required to secure one. If the general public can get one NEW for the MSRP of $12K why pay some crazy $8K mark-up for a USED watch on eBay (if it's not sold directly by an Omega AD or Boutique it's a USED watch).

13. ulackfocus Dec 7, 2013

It wasn't too long ago that stainless Rolex Daytonas and the occasional Milgauss were selling over MSRP outside of AD's. Rolex REALLY had their loyalists believing those were "rare" watches. (can I insert a :rolleyes: here? :p )

14. mikebny Dec 7, 2013

I appreciate all of the comments guys, very constructive and helpful. The facts are I went into the boutique to look at the seamaster planet ocean as a gift for myself for Christmas. It would be my first watch purchase ever really. I had a watch my dad gave me when I was a teenager twenty years ago and wore that on and off. I saw the dark side watch on the website and walked in to the boutique and asked for the planet ocean and the dark side, as if it were a mass produced, i really had no idea it wasn't... I thought it was just a regular model. The sales person made it seem like I found the holy grail. That hundreds of collectors were looking for this watch and I happened to walk in when they had the only one for sale in the US...that the sales force has called people on the waiting list and there were at least a dozen good coming in within hours to get the watch, the race was on and I jumped in front of them. So I bought it. The woman next to me was purchasing a 40k diamond and gold omega, but the sales manager and 5 sales people didn't come out to her, they came to me to congratulate me to tell me how lucky I was. One guy actually came and seemed out of breath like he had run there in the rain to be the first there to buy the watch
    So I bought the watch and love how the watch looks, but I am not a collector, not even an amateur. To be honest, the watch was out of my budget as well. Which was why I came to this site, and why I listed the watch. You are all right, I have no idea what I'm doing, I also do not know anything about the significance of the watch, what it would be worth to omega people, which was why I came here.
    The point is that against popular opinion, the truth is that i did buy one, for just over 13k with taxes, and I have not put it on yet because l feel nervous that I spent so much money on it that I don't even want to put it on.
    I naively put it on eBay, on the chance that someone would make the decision for me on whether I should keep it pure not. I am a know-nothing looking for guidance from you fine gentleman in your respective areas of expertise. If the eBay post insulted you all, it was not my intention.

15. mikebny Dec 7, 2013

16. ulackfocus Dec 7, 2013

Ah, a 'proof of life' pic! Most excellent!

17. ulackfocus Dec 7, 2013

So Mike, are you from New York and your last name starts with a B or are you really skinny and a bad speller?

18. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Dec 7, 2013

First world problems. I feel for ya bro.

19. Shem Dec 7, 2013

It seems like the DSoM is getting a bit easier to find. The King of Prussia Omega Boutique is able to get DSoMs right now very quickly -- about a week after you deposit. I was just in there asking and that's what the Boutique Manager told me. She also said they can ship anywhere in the country, so if you want a DSoM fast, definitely call the King of Prussia Omega Boutique, even if you don't live near Philadelphia.

Getting one instantly though is a seriously lucky break! Good timing!

20. ulackfocus Dec 7, 2013

Wonder if it was an order that somebody backed out on?

Regardless, that's some good fortune bestowed upon you from the Watch Gods.