The craziest watch I've found! Would you wear it? Pierre Cardin Espace

I found this watch for $30 and had to get it. It's from around 1972 and is from Pierre Cardin Espace collection. It has a Jaeger 17 jewel movement. The dial needs some dusting and perhaps a new strap as the original is pretty stiff and cracking. Who would wear this watch? Might not be everyone's taste but it is definitely fun!
20221028_160938.jpg

It's actually a great concept watch. Somewhat crazy but very interesting. $30 was a bargain.

Thanks! Just debating what to do with the strap now. The old one looks nice but is falling apart eveytime I buckle it. It's a one piece strap with fixed bars underneath. I'd like to get a red one piece but don't know where to look!

Yeah, why not. For $30 it's cheap entertainment. All you need is a Nehru jacket.

I'd wear that, you certainly will be noticed!

I love it. I am surprised no one as called dibs on it. So...I am calling dibs on it 😀

Kida a disco volante style …

I like unusual watches. I think it’s cool. It’s not something I’d wear often, but something I’d happily add to my collection.

omega-art-watch-max-bill-wyoawmb-v02.jpeg

OMEGA produced similar watches 😁

OK , w/o divers bezel but with HUBLOT-screws

omega-art-watch-max-bill-wyoawmb-v02.jpeg

OMEGA produced similar watches 😁

OK , w/o divers bezel but with HUBLOT-screws
What’s the dial look like? Or is that the dial? If it is how do you tell the time? Or is this a “time is irrelevant “ type thing? I know, too many questions, but Enquiring minds want to know. 🥱

Many things from the 70s are cool, including this watch 👍.

So many watches from so many manufacturers these days look extremely generic and bland whereas in the 70s the boat was really pushed out with some out-there design concepts. Just think of all the cool car colours from that period (pistachio green, bright orange, vivid purple, chocolate brown, etc.) and compare this with your average car brand’s lot nowadays (white, silver, black, dark red, anthracite, grey, etc.)

It's a fun watch and I'd have bought it at that price but probably wouldn't wear often
I have this fun piece I bought a while back but likewise it doesn't see much wrist time
Screenshot_20221030-084553_Gallery.jpg