Forums Latest Members

The Constellation ref 168045-368045, a not so well known vintage constellation

1. georgeszaslavsky Aug 26, 2017

Good evening everyone

My first review here. It is dedicated to the watch I am wearing proudly since three months. It is dedicated to the constellation ref 168045-368045, one of the not so well known and last series of constellation fitted with the cal 751.

1) The design and the case
    Despite the watch is 47 years old it is still very modern by today standards and the barrel shape of the case makes of it something unique and very desirable.
    [​IMG]
    The case is not small and with a 36mm of dimater, this watch is not small by any means. The care and the extremely well finished case on this Omega alreay tells me taht even in the past Omega was making top notch quality cases
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2) The movement
    Inside this constellation ticks the venerable cal 751 one of the best calibers ever made by Omega even judged superior to Rolex back in the days. Mine has been flawlessly running from 0 to +1 sec per 3 days since 3 months. So yes vintage Omega movements have nothing to prove anymore
    [​IMG]
    3) The dial
    Typical sunburst silver Omega dial with black onyx indexes and lume markers. Sober , discerete and efficient
    [​IMG]
    4) The bracelet
    It is a very well made and comfortable bracelet and it feels much sturdy and more solid than most of the Rolex vintage bracelets that feel cheap and not as well as made as Omega ones except if we speak about the solid end link ones. The clasp on mine open and close firmly
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The conclusion: The price I paid for this constellation was very reasonable and despite being less aftersought than the pie pan constellation, it has a lot of qualities to boot for a nice and unusual daily wearer that gives a lot of modern watches a serious run for their money

Artman, dan7800, Noddyman and 5 others like this.
  2. motobecane Sep 19, 2017

I agree, a really classy looking watch

3. gnuyork Nov 14, 2017

I still prefer the pie pan style, but I am intrigued by this one. Do you have wrist shots?

4. georgeszaslavsky Dec 4, 2017

Yes I do
    [​IMG]P9040162

5. Vanallard Dec 28, 2017

The Constellation models with cal. 751 movements offer great value and though criticized by some as having a cluttered or busy dial design, I find them to have a very sharp and classy look.

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  6. Jerseyhammer Jan 13, 2018

Agree

7. dan7800 Jan 13, 2018

Great looking watch. The date only version will likely be my next acquisition.