The Best Omega Speedmaster Watches Of 2022

OmegaSpeedmasterMoonshinePanda-5.jpg
Last week, I was in London for the WatchPro Salon, and some people already asked what my favorite Speedmaster release was for 2022. The Chrono Chime was this year’s latest and last Omega Speedmaster release. There have been quite a few introductions in the 65th-anniversary year of the Speedmaster, although perhaps not the ones you’ve […]

Visit The Best Omega Speedmaster Watches Of 2022 to read the full article.

My vote.
(If only they would fix the lume color ... o wait ... 😁)

65th Anniversary of the Speedmaster ... the year that Speedmasters got out of reach for us mere-mortal working-9~5 collectors...

Thanks for the article, RJ. Since the basic Speedmaster was updated in early 2021, and since Omega doesn't do any Limited Editions any longer, it has been pretty sparse, and boring, for stainless steel fans. White gold, Sedna gold, Moonshine gold models are all great but aren't on many people's lists of 'must haves'. It's generally agreed that Omega probably had too many LE pieces over the last decade or so, but once they decided to get away from those there have been precious little new, interesting stuff for fans. New321, not much production and long lists, Snoopy 50th, ditto. Gone are things like the 1957 Trilogy chrono, Speedy Tuesday #1 and #2, the Apollo 11 50th, the Tokyo 2020 Speedmasters, two versions of the CK2998 and other editions that had interesting features and were generally available at close to retail price. The Apollo 8 was out of the box thinking but is likely on the way out. We still have a handful of Tuesdays left in 2022 so they may surprise us with something for Apollo 17 to lighten up a relatively dreary year for Speedmaster fans. Hopefully this isn't what Omega has planned going forward.

I remember the years not so long ago when a Speedmaster was a Speedmaster.

Love the ‘57 but that green dial moonshine gold gets my vote!

I remember the years not so long ago when a Speedmaster was a Speedmaster.
It was never thus. Your old mans memory is playing tricks 😉