Forums Latest Members
  1. TsoloT Oct 24, 2017

sorry about the melodramatic intro but I have struggled over a year to get reliable or even adequate research on this model

The best I can get is that it was a better replacement for the Proplof which was privately considered to be over engineered
    it started out with a 1002 movement
    And that production run was allegedly 5000 units
    Then there was a switch to the 1012 movement which heard a less troublesome rotor but was never the less robust and accurate that production run was allegedly 1000 units

The model coventionally had a left-hand crown but occasionally turned up with a right hand crown which appears to have been done at retail level to accommodate left-handed people

Because the model was so airtight moist air trapped inside the watch never had an opportunity to escape and so there were many examples with black mold on lume and crystallisation on the dial

The preferred bracelet was the mesh 1247/237
    And unfortunately that’s about it

Could any of the esteemed members of the forum please either confirm or deny the above and /or hopefully provide me with more information

Despite the size of the pilot case it’s an extremely comfortable watch to wear Because of back plate shaping and very robust of good accuracy and as far as I can ascertain quite rare although there is supposedly 6000 of these

The true originals[not the watchco style rebuilds ]almost never come up for sale and to find a totally original one seems to be near impossible
    Photo 1 is the museums

Then I have added photographs of models that I own
    Photo 2 an extremely rare prototype which was issued to Comex to test ....[Comex Omega ,hows that ] it’s similar to the model that the museum own but this is an earlier version

Photo three Is my everyday watch and I would like to replace the bezel the dial the movement and the case
    Because basically it is a rebuilt from original parts
    1762750C-7BD4-4A3B-BD94-962A0CA82C20.jpeg 470E6086-8225-4E53-B0E2-960DDB5CD941.jpeg 3EAA1D60-59C4-4270-ADBC-22B9B3B41CE1.jpeg
    Assistance required
    Thank you

2. Lucasssssss Oct 24, 2017

3. BlueBoy Oct 24, 2017

4. Kwijibo Oct 24, 2017

service parts.

Lucasssssss likes this.